Showing 1 - 20 of 323 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Another view of the Colorado River taken by John Ambos in 1918 as he photographed places around McCoy. Dog at lower left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The remains of John Dubach's cabin in Upper Town of Fulford, Colorado. Photo was taken in July of 1966
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence Dubach's westernmost barn in Triangle Park, looking NW from the access road. Core from drilling was stored here. Photo taken September 1965.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
June 1965: The Gabelman Chevy is having a bit of trouble navigating the old road to Fulford.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo labeled 283456; verso stamp 4400 Three men choosing trees to fell for the road. In 1927, Dr. Randall led Boy Scouts and Campfire Girls up Notch Mountain to see the cross, a trip considered to be the first "pilgrimage." In 1928, another pilgrimage took place and in 1929, President Hoover established the Mount of the Holy Cross Monument. "All these pilgrimages continued to demonstrate the need for a better approach by road or trail. In 1931 Dr....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Boyle Brothers drill on hole PR-7 on Porphyry Ridge above Lower Fulford in the Fulford Mining District.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tree Marking Navajo Indian grave near Burns, Colorado, in 1989.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Snowy day in winter near Camp Hale. Some unidentified buildings against a mountain backdrop. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Franklin and Lucy Ellen Slusser Doll, standing in a yard. Frank is 87 (Aug. 10, 1851--June7, 1940) and Lucy is 79 (Oct. 22, 1859--June 22, 1939). Obituary, Eagle Valley Enterprise, June 7, 1940.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Kilgore property with Brush Creek in the background, c. 1916-17. Haystack and automobile in left of photo.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence Dubach cuts out a future drill road near New York Cabins in Fulford Mining District.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"July 1950 Cliffs above Eagle Colo." Probably Red Point. Telephone lines cutting across photo.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Albert Smith feeding cattle near Wayne Creek corrals. Snow is on the ground. Aspens and fence are visible in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sean Whelan with Clarence Dubach and Barbara Gabelman, locating claims at the New York cabins, in July 1966.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jessie Fair, soon Chambers, stands to the right of the Chambers Ranch house. The Chambers Ranch once had a large dairy and delivered throughout the area. The house has a large front porch and is lined with trees in front. The Chambers Barn is now the Eagle County Historical Society Museum and once stood where the current Interstate 70 interchange is today.
Cover Image
16) Foxie
Format:
Image
"Foxie" [otherwise unidentified] climbing the bridge over the Eagle at Kent. Three pines visible in the right background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Building construction at the Methodist Church in Eagle, Colorado. A woman and three younger boys have shown up to assist, as well as a small black dog (standing in the wooden frame ready for concrete). They appear to be laying out a new sidewalk or walkway and are almost ready to pour concrete.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
John Bunker, back to camera, is walking downhill from the weaning sheds toward Beaver Creek. Fleck Ditch flume and the old road up the east side of Beaver Creek is visible in the background. Inscription: "7/24/28" [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From left to right: Urdine Bell Messersmith Lea, father George Washington Messersmith, and Andrew Elias (Andy) Messersmith.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Marker for: "Forster, Clint Ray, Jan. 29, 1978--Dec. 3, 1996," in the McCoy Cemetery. A mountain scene with aspens, elk, a lake and a fish is engraved on the marker.