Showing 1 - 10 of 10 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Students and teacher, Miss Patterson, in front of Spring Valley School, Gypsum. The log school building has six tall, paned windows providing light to the classroom. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barbara Clark, Eagle County teacher, with Daisy, the horse, at the Bar-Gay Ranch near Edwards, Colorado (at the mouth of Squaw Creek). Ring, the dog (previously owned by Tom Pearch), is standing next to Mrs. Clark. The Bar-Gay Ranch was originally the Hawley place. Gaylord and Barbara Clark bought the house and outbuildings; the land was a school section which they leased for 99 years.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sixteen school children and their teacher lined up in front of the Avon School. School horse barn is visible in far right background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Blacktail School near Radium, Colo., in 1909. Back Row: Dewey Leroux, Dora Mugrage, Jessie Cannon (teacher), Alonzo Hudson, Leon Leroux. In front: Andrew Henry, Laura Mugrage, Leander Hoyt, Ammi Hoyt." -- verso caption [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Howard house at Bachelor Gulch, ladder to sleeping loft in place. Mildred and Everett Howard are standing on the porch with another teacher, unidentified. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Side view of the teacherage next to the Derby Mesa Schoolhouse, 1980. The then owner was using it as a tool shed.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Yarmony Creek School, 1909. Ethel McCoy, Lucille Kibbler, Frank Groh and the teacher." -- McCoy Memoirs p.213 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1936: Four children and female teacher standing on the steps of log schoolhouse: Teacher Martha Gates; children Rose Marie Bailey, "Billy" Wurtsmith, Alzora and John Benton. School built by James P. Gates. Photo taken in 1936. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Eagle County Historical Society volunteer and President, Kathy Heicher, stands in the refurbished Bellyache school. The school had deteriorated into a pile of logs when Jack Oleson decided to move the building back to its original location and reconstruct the building. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Schoolmarms" (Eagle County Historical Society volunteers Kathy Heicher and Joanne Cermak) greet guests at the Bellyache school. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.