Showing 1 - 20 of 511 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"After the abandonment of the Pioneer Cottonwood school in 1911, another schoolhouse of log construction was built on Antelope Creek a mile or so west of Cottonwood. Ed Robinson donated the land and Arthur Panting, Phil Maxwell and Perry Ault donated the labor with an assist from Tom Wohler. Ault and Maxwell cut the logs for the building on King Mountain, but Panting, who was to do the skidding, had the misfortune to break a leg while doing that,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The frame construction Antelope School building, completed in 1917, which replaced the original log school building completed in 1912. The log building became the teacherage. Some of the teachers at the Antelope School were "Leila Ferguson, Joan Funk, Mildred Sayre, Alma Slattery, Margie Harbaugh, Marion Conley, Maude Stratton Smith, Tracy Hatch, Yarbo, Gertrude McGlochlin, and Zola Sherwood." -- McCoy Memoirs p.47 The school was in use until 1950...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Girls posing in front of the Antelope School teacherage in 1921. From left: Emma Maxwell, Ethel Ault, unknown (possibly the teacher), and Myrtle Panting. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Yarmony Park school, 1922. Buster Gilbert, Ila and Edith Babcock, Mary Koski and Ola Garrett." -- McCoy Memoirs p.50 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Teacher Mrs. Melissa Trezise posed in front of car at the Edwards School, April 22, 1953.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Studio photograph of Jo Ann Morgan (Randall), senior class photo, Eagle High School, 1949 (Lux Aquilae). "Jo Ann "was born Feb. 12, 1932, in Hastings, Neb., the daughter of M. H. (Dick) and Mary Ann Morgan. The family moved to Eagle in the 1940s, where they owned and operated the Eagle Valley Telephone Company for many years. Jo Ann Randall was a graduate of Eagle High School. She married Eagle resident K. Wayne Randall on Feb. 3, 1951. Jo Ann worked...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The 8th grade graduating class at Eagle, Colorado, in 1928.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Brush Creek school house near Eagle in 1907. A boy is coming out of the door; outhouse behind the school. The school is surrounded by a fence with a stile in place for students to climb over. From the shadows in the foreground, it appears one of the horsement is the photographer. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sweetwater School in the snow. Path to the school appears to have been shoveled or plowed. The log building was built about 1905. In 1931, the teacher was Myrtie Hockett. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Nine school children (seven girls, two boys) of the Old Coach School, Bond, Colorado, 1938, standing in front of the school. These were children of railroad employees. Small dog stands at left in back row. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Studio portrait photograph of Jennie Eve Clark, wearing long gloves and scarf. She was principal of the Red Cliff schools in 1890. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Students and teachers lined up in front of the Camp Hale School. In the back row are Agnes Mosher and Esther Klatt with an unidentified woman at the right. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Students and teacher, Miss Patterson, in front of Spring Valley School, Gypsum. The log school building has six tall, paned windows providing light to the classroom. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Betty Lou Caywood on Senior Sneak Day in Denver.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
An interior view of a classroom at McCoy Jr. High School, 1940. Girls studying while seated at a row of desks. To their right, a bulletin board exhibits students' work. During the winter of 1939-40, the Junior High students used a community building/church kitchen as their classroom.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Saint Marys Catholic Church in Eagle, Colorado, circa 1980. The church was originally the Eagle School at 215 Capitol St. Built in 1890, it was used as a school until 1916 when it was sold to the Catholic Church.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Gilman School, Gilman, Colorado, showing children on the playground . Swings and seesaws in use with some boys sitting on the fence surrounding the playground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Teacher Alma Hight Stephens, wife of Clarence Stephens, and mother of Ella and Marcia Stephens. Some of the students include Iola Baer, Earl Baer, Cecil Baer, and Jim Stephens (younger brother of Clarence). [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Old Coach School, Bond, Colorado, used 1935 to Oct. 23, 1938. Dining car donated by the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad to be used as a school for children of railroad workers. Steps for entry at both ends of the car; chimney at left end. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Graduation photo of Buster Beck, Red Cliff Union High School, 1943.