Showing 1 - 2 of 2 , query time: 0.01s
"The first school on the Conger Mesa was held in a small cabin on the Schrupp ranch in 1911. The second one was held in this log house built by John Conger in 1892 and abandoned by him a few years later. The building was none too warm and the school furnishings crude but after seven years without a school, no one complained. The building served as a school until a frame building was built in a more central location in 1916. In the fall of 1912...
Students and teacher at Conger Mesa School, December 1912. From left, Marie Theisen, Ed Schrupp, Cecil Gray, Emma Theisen, Katherine Ebert, John Ambos, Mary Ebert, Kate Pound (teacher), Ethel Gray, Lena and Emma Schrupp. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]