Showing 1 - 20 of 38 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bill Flynn coming out of the old jail in Minturn, leaving two of his friends behind.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The McCoy Community Church project in 1934, with all volunteer labor. The work force was subject to change from day to day. In this group are: Joe Tuyls, Cliff Daniels, Ed Bulkley, George Shepard, Frank and Harry Groh, Earl Brooks (kneeling(, Burdette Bulkley, James Funk (the High School teacher), Ralph Kayser, Clinton Strait and Charles (Bud) Kier. The Bulkleys and Kier were from Toponas." -- McCoy Memoirs p.102 [Title supplied from catalog prepared...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A close up of the roof detail and windows on the shelter house at Notch Mountain. Constructed by the CCC between 1931 and 1933, it was built to provide a respite to those on pilgrimages to see the Mount of the Holy Cross. Caption by O.W. Randall: "Shelter house--has a beautiful fire place and wood always provided on hand for the public."
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Broken track and ties resulting from the rockfall from Lionshead Rock. On March 4, 2014, a large section of the rock broke away from the local landmark and landed on the railway tracks below. The 30 foot boulder missed the Eagle River and nearby houses.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Clark Ewing house built in 1934 in McCoy, Colorado; adobe and rock construction.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Santa Maria children on what was once part of Lionshead Rock in Minturn. On March 4, 2014, a large section of the rock broke away from the local landmark and landed on the railway tracks below. The 30 foot boulder missed the Eagle River and nearby houses.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Brett Homestead as it looked in October 1997. (Located near Edwards, Colorado)
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sam Lemon and his brother-in-law, Carl Stewart, seated on rocks. Outbuilding in background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Freddie Frances and Kate Flynn seated on a rock near Kent.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From left to right: Mary, Dustin, Florence and Walter Quinlan at the Eagle River. The Wolcott bridge is behind them.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Captain Tippett's grave near John Benton's house in 1989. Captain Tippet served in the Civil War.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Captain Tippett's gravesite in 1989. He was a captain during the Civil War; the grave was marked with two steel posts and an upright rock.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Uncle Doc", Mamie and Ed Rodgers sitting on sleds in the snow next to a building. [The day Mamie cried; see interview of 7/75, p. 11-12, in Beaver Creek Historical Study.] Grace White today [1983] is the daughter of E. V. and Mamie Rodgers. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This photo taken not long before the fire of Feb. 22, 1958, was from the west bank of Rock Creek and shows little or no resemblance to the pioneer hotel built by Charles H. McCoy in 1891. Compare this one to earlier phtos taken from almost the same spot." -- McCoy Memoirs p.98 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tai and Lucy Santa Maria standing at the base of the boulder that fell from Lionshead Rock near Minturn. On March 4, 2014, a large section of the rock broke away from the local landmark and landed on the railway tracks below. The 30 foot boulder missed the Eagle River and nearby houses.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Broken rail track which occurred when part of Lionshead rock fell. On March 4, 2014, a large section of the rock broke away from the local landmark and landed on the railway tracks below. The 30 foot boulder missed the Eagle River and nearby houses.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A couple in a buggy drawn by a horse team on their way through Glenwood Canyon. A large rock is balanced in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Marilla Reynolds McCain, posed standing on some rocks.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Verso: "Tom and Hound on rock at the head of Cross Creek about 1941"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Three boys standing on rocks at the ford in the Eagle River west of Beaver Creek. Before the first bridge was built, people had to ford the river, preferably at its shallowest point. The shadow of the first Avon Bridge is visible in the foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]