Showing 1 - 20 of 135 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Working on the first automobile, with a second parked behind. Caption from left,: "Mr. Shaw, Loren, Bob, Alda, Minnie, Jack." From Jack Flynn's diary, we have: "Wednesday, August 6th, 1919. Miss Alda aids in filling candy dishes for display. A trip to Eagle with Miss R.F., M.L., A.B. and Bob." R.F. is Ruth Farmer, the photographer of this scene. M.L. is Minnie Lundgren. A.B. is Alda Borah. Bob is Bob McHatton. Mr. Shaw [Alexander Shaw,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Horse drawn wagon with two passengers on road east of the entrance to Beaver Creek at Avon (Stone's Ranch). Stone's Ranch later became the Agriculture Experiment Station for the State College...State Farm. The road became U.S. Highway 6. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Verso: "Don and Tom on Battle Mt. Highway 1930s" The highway was then unpaved and was the only route for workers going to the mine at Gilman.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence Dubach's westernmost barn in Triangle Park, looking NW from the access road. Core from drilling was stored here. Photo taken September 1965.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Gay-Bar (Clark) Ranch as seen from Bellyache Mountain, October 1949. Highway 24, the Eagle River, and WIlmor[e] Lake are all visible at midground. Hay stack visible in closest field. [color degradation]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo labeled 283449; verso stamp 4400 Forest road through stands of trees. Automobile tire at far right. In 1927, Dr. Randall led Boy Scouts and Campfire Girls up Notch Mountain to see the cross, a trip considered to be the first "pilgrimage." In 1928, another pilgrimage took place and in 1929, President Hoover established the Mount of the Holy Cross Monument. "All these pilgrimages continued to demonstrate the need for a better approach by road...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Gore Range farthest away, Battle Mountain, Gilman and U.S. Highway 24 at midground. The photo was taken by Si Ostermeier from the top of Notch Mountain.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Boyle Brothers drill on Hole PR___, in road just North of 1913 adit (entrance). Dated July 1966.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo labeled 283456; verso stamp 4400 Three men choosing trees to fell for the road. In 1927, Dr. Randall led Boy Scouts and Campfire Girls up Notch Mountain to see the cross, a trip considered to be the first "pilgrimage." In 1928, another pilgrimage took place and in 1929, President Hoover established the Mount of the Holy Cross Monument. "All these pilgrimages continued to demonstrate the need for a better approach by road or trail. In 1931 Dr....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Compare this 1976 photo of McCoy to the one on page 95 [1983.001.020] which was taken in 1912 from approximately the same spot." -- McCoy Memoirs p.338 Photo taken February 27, 1976 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of Gilman with Belden at the bottom of the Eagle River Canyon. Ore cars are lined up on the tracks and the surface tram is clearly visible. "Eagle River Canyon and Gilman from Battle Mt. Highway Sanborn W-1102"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The relief map photo used to visualize possible road routes and ascents for Mount of the Holy Cross pilgrimages, without O.W. Randall's annotations. [photographed from a different angle than 2013.009.018-.019, showing the Sawatach Range at left, the Cross Creek drainage, the Holy Cross Ridge, and the Gore Range at far right. Stamped on back: "Quality BB Print guaranteed not to fade Jul 14 1928, 13" The location of the map in this photo is unknown....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Battle Mountain area from O.W. Randall's ranch with the newly constructed Tigiwon road in the foreground. Photo labeled 284581 on front; stamped 4400 on back.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Boyle Brothers drill on hole PR-7 on Porphyry Ridge above Lower Fulford in the Fulford Mining District.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
c.1930: Crossroads at Wolcott, Colorado: Colorado Hwy 11, U.S. Hwy 24. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
16) Highway
Format:
Image
"Highway." -- verso Dirt road and telegraph poles, location unknown. Road constructed between rock outcroppings.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo postcard of Henry Owens, standing, and Lemley Gates at the top of the mesa when building the Derby Mesa Road, circa 1923. The men are clearing rock and debris after the road skid has passed.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Aerial photograph taken by Mayo Lanning on February 3, 1998. Looking west down the Eagle River Valley, following I-70.
Cover Image
19) Wolcott
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of Wolcott, Colorado, on U.S. Highway 24. On front: "Panorama of Wolcott, Colo. on Hwy. U.S. 24, Sanborn W-3385"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence Dubach cuts out a future drill road near New York Cabins in Fulford Mining District.