Showing 1 - 20 of 837 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1901: Dorothy Doll, 3 years old, in hat and overalls holding the reins of an unsaddled horse in fenced yard. Trees and grass indicate late spring/summer. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ruby Dump (Crye), daughter of Blanche and Victor Dump, standing in the snow at the family ranch, Pando, Colorado. Victor Dump died in 1935 and the family stayed on the ranch for another year before moving to Red Cliff. Frank and Pauline Reynolds Byers took over the Pando ranch and lived there until the Army constructed Camp Hale on the site during WWII. Byers then moved to Dillon, Colorado, and ranched there for many years. -- Ruby Crye, Aug. 2010...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This sturdy built homestead cabin two miles north east of Volcano was put up by Frank Zupon, a semi-recluse, who made it his home from 1920 to 1936." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.306 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Castle Peak Dairy delivery wagon making the rounds. There is a shaft bell on the wagon shaft, probably to let customers know the wagon was close. This particular wagon now resides in the Eagle County Historical Society Museum.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Balanced Rock in the Colorado River near the Kirby ranch [former Quinlan place]. John Ambos' horse in photo. "...when the Dotsero Cut-off was built the river was relocated and shifted south to avoid a sharp curve in the track, which isolated the rock in still water. In the winter time, this was an ice crossing and a short distance above there was an excellent ford." -- McCoy Memoirs p.144 [Title supplied from catalog prepared...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Arthur Horn ranch about 2.5 miles north of McCoy on Rock Creek, in winter. Pete Horn purchased the ranch about 1890. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Walter Lieber and George Grant standing in front of farm equipment and shed on Norman Ranch. The Norman Ranch (between Burns and McCoy) became the Orhmand Hurt Ranch in the 1950's. George Grant was the father of Laurene Knupp. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mort Doll cutting Frank [H. F.] Doll's hair outside the ice house on the Dotsero property.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1898: Frank Doll with horses brought from Ohio, standing in front of cabin at Dotsero. Frank and Lucy Doll with their children, Sam and Susan, spent the Fall and Winter of 1887 here. The one-room log cabin appears to be on a rock foundation with steps leading up to a small porch at the front door. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"A 1924 Rodeo at McCoy. George Bird of Yampa is the rider. The other men on horses are Andrew Henry and Charley McCoy. At that time the entire area east of the hotel and where the school buildings now are was a vacant tract and well suited for rodeos, etc." -- McCoy Memoirs p.35 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ed Erickson, left, and Henry Ulin in a wagon drawn by a team of horses. They are standing outside a farmhouse in Gypsum Creek. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Colorado and Rio Grande Railroad showing the Quinlan [Kirby] Ranch at midfield. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The bridge over Brush Creek at Waldo's ranch
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Grant Deeble and Joe Dice standing next to horses in front of the bunk house at the Schlutter Place. Flat bed wagon is on the right, hay wagon is at left foreground. Taken during hunting season.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
John Berry and Margie Haas, with dog, sitting on water cistern at the Haas Ranch at Sandstone Creek (Vail). Ranch house and other buildings are in the background. There is snow on the ground. John Berry was a barber in Minturn. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From left to right, George, Marg and Ethel Mary Macdonell on horseback, standing in a corral.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A bird's-eye view of Kent with a few buildings visible, hayfields in foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Red Canyon Ranch house in Edwards built in 1924.