Showing 61 - 80 of 179 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Kate Flynn hanging on to the ladder on a railroad car. The car has lettering: A.R.T.Co. 10519 on the back.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Documenting the landslide onto the D&RG tracks in Eagle River Canyon. The numbers on the photo correspond to the descriptions below. "1. Loading tipple; 2. Service tunnel to mill stope. Note how completely the slide buried it" [written by Tom Knight]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Service tram going from upper level, Gilman, to Belden in Eagle River Canyon. Cribbings visible, holding hillside in place. Train tracks in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking up the tram at Belden toward Gilman; railroad siding in foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jim Homan and Kate Flynn at the Wolcott depot, 1919.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
S. Livingston and Thelma Morris standing next to the railroad tracks.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Verso: "railroad bridge down below Belden and Gilman" The bridge crosses the Eagle River in the Eagle River Canyon.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Shorty" and Charlie Blake replacing railroad ties at Kent, 1918.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Two men, standing on top of a railroad car. The car has lettering: A.R.T.Co. 10519 on the back.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A cabin above the railroad tracks above Minturn.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"B & B Boys, Tennessee Pass." They are at the tunnel entrance at Tennesse Pass, most likely on the east side, not far from the depot location. This is the tunnel that collapsed under the highway in July 2012. Tom Gill is at far right. There are three people standing on scaffolding which is pulled on wheels by a horse along the tracks through the tunnel. The scaffolding is used to do work inside the tunnel. [Information courtesy of Jimmy Blouch]...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Railway to Camp Hale, winter. Dick Lowe was foreman when this line was put in. Pando was the name of the siding. There were 85 Indians working on the line. They lived in "cars" designed for that use and stayed on the job full time. Buildings seen in right midground, railroad tracks in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Railroad employees checking track. Names listed: D. Sweeney, Tom Linhan, C. Howard, and McKnight. Inscription reads: "Hard workers." Kent station buildings at left background.
Cover Image
74) Belden
Format:
Image
New Jersey Zinc Co. mill and mining facility in Belden (Eagle River Canyon), August 1998. Both the mine and the railroad were out of operation by then. The surface tram is visible going up the incline of the cliff at right midground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Western Union crew lined up next to an outfit car at Kent, 1917. The car's number is 192. Inscription reads: "Western Union Boys."
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Crew working on the railroad ties at Kent. Inscription reads: "Joint ahead!"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Derailment one mile east of Eagle in 1918.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Big Mike" at Kent 1918. Bridge across the Eagle River visible at right midfield.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
D.&R.G. engine wrecked at Belden. Caption: "Malley" Crane being used to right the engine.