Showing 1 - 20 of 30 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Train wreck in Eagle Canyon near Gilman on April 13, 1899. Men examining the wreckage with the Denver & Rio Grande engine in the water.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The concrete bridge at Wolcott, at center, over the Eagle River. The bridge was built in 1916. Railroad tracks cut through the photo, with the Wolcott community at center.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Broken cribbing and mud covering railroad tracks and filling the Eagle River after a landslide in 1919.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
D.&R.G. engine wrecked at Belden. Caption: "Malley" Crane being used to right the engine; Eagle River in the foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Box cars moved off D&RG tracks at Belden after the 1919 landslide.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Eagle River Canon, Colo., D. & R. G. Ry." Tinted photo postcard shows mine cribbing and mine buildings above Belden with the rail tracks and Eagle River at the bottom. Verso: No. C8708 Published by The Colorado News Company, Denver, Colo., Dresden-Leipzig-Berlin. Trademark [Corson #632] for American News Co., New York, NY, Litho-chrome process.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of D. & R. G. Railway tracks, looking up the Eagle River. Lover's Leap on left side of bridge; top of depot visible in background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dowds Junction, above Minturn, where the Eagle River meets Gore Creek and where the D.&R.G. goes up the Gore Creek Valley.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking south along the railroad tracks at Belden towards the Belden mill. Destroyed cribbing on the left and debris on the tracks in the background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mr. Spear shoveling debris and mud from the platform at Belden, below Gilman in the Eagle River Canyon. Tram tracks are at the right; railroad tracks are in the foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Eagle River below Wolcott. Railroad tracks are visible on the right side of the photograph.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Documenting the landslide onto the D&RG tracks in Eagle River Canyon. The numbers on the photo correspond to the descriptions below. "1. Loading tipple; 2. Service tunnel to mill stope. Note how completely the slide buried it" [written by Tom Knight]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Verso: "railroad bridge down below Belden and Gilman" The bridge crosses the Eagle River in the Eagle River Canyon.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A cabin above the railroad tracks above Minturn.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Big Mike" at Kent 1918. Bridge across the Eagle River visible at right midfield.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
D.&R.G. engine wrecked at Belden. Caption: "Malley" Crane being used to right the engine.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Documenting the landslide onto the D&RG tracks in Eagle River Canyon. The numbers on the photo correspond to the descriptions below. The old mill is at far right. Verso: "1. New House Station on tram; 2. Eagle River; 3. Slide on D&RG; 4. An old mill, note the cribbing underneath the building" [written by Tom Knight]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Documenting the landslide onto the D&RG tracks in Eagle River Canyon. The numbers on the photo correspond to the descriptions below. Verso: "1. Compressor house; 2. Tram landing; 3. New House tunnel station on tram; I am working on a level with the New House Tunnel, but about ½ miles in the Mtn. Notice how steep the tram is; it's steeper yet before it reaches Gilman." [written by Tom Knight]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Path of the mud flow from the 1919 landslide at Belden. The cribbing at the top left of the photo is broken and the mud flows around some buildings, over additional cribbing, over the railroad tracks, and into the Eagle River at the bottom. The flow parallels the path of the tram to Gilman, which was not damaged.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Timber shoring under steel stringers at midspan of the Pine Street viaduct over the railroad tracks and Eagle River in Red Cliff, Colorado. One of a series of photographs prepared by Lonco, Inc., consulting engineers for the Town of Red Cliff on July 31, 1992.