Showing 1 - 20 of 49 , query time: 0.04s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tom (seated on porch) and Ella Lewis with John, Harry and Imogene in front; in back are Herman and Mrs. Kluge. Kluge was a partner with Thomas E. Lewis in the Lewis & Kluge mercantile at Eagle. Together with Mr. Lewis and Robert McHatton, Kluge also owned the Gypsum Mercantile Co. store at Gypsum. Lewis bought out Kluge's interest in the Eagle store.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Orndoff house, built in 1919 at McCoy.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The home place at the Benton Ranch, built in 1914.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Howard Van Horn house, log construction, in McCoy, Colorado. There is a rocking chair on the front porch, a screen door, and a second story entrance accessible by stairs. "Howard and Mattie Van Horn and daughters came from Edwards about 1917 looking for a location. They bought part of the former Groh ranch from Hollis Brooks. This property adjoined the old D.O. Bailey place on the south, about 30 acres were under cultivation under a ditch but...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"M. H. [Martin H.] and Clara Waldo came to Brush Creek around 1902 and ranched across the creek from the Shryacks until 1917, when they retired in California. Tom Carlin bought the ranch, and subsequent owners were Hans and Thelma Larsen and Glenn and Denzel Norman." -- [History of Brush Creek p.26] The Waldo's had one daughter who married Ralph Wolverton. This couple had a son, Charles Wolverton.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Edge place on the Benton ranch, built in 1909. An automobile is parked on the side of the building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Always referred to as the Harris house, it has had considerable face lifting since the large Harris family occupied it for twenty eight years or from 1917 to 1945. Quite a number of people lived here before and since the Harrises. Earlier residents were the Towers, Porters and Robinsons." -- McCoy Memoirs p.173 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
T. J. Fox, standing in a yard. The photo was printed September 15, 1940, at Ping's Station. Mr. Fox was the son of Rosa and George Fox of Brush Creek; his sister was Maude Fox Figgins.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The former ranch house on Yarmony Creek, where Charley and Stella McCoy lived nearly thirty-five years and their daughters Ethel and Mildred were born in." -- McCoy Memoirs p.104 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Moorehead place on Sheephorn Creek, built in 1899. An automobile and unidentified man at left.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jessie Fair, soon Chambers, stands to the right of the Chambers Ranch house. The Chambers Ranch once had a large dairy and delivered throughout the area. The house has a large front porch and is lined with trees in front. The Chambers Barn is now the Eagle County Historical Society Museum and once stood where the current Interstate 70 interchange is today.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Howard house at Bachelor Gulch, ladder to sleeping loft in place. Mildred and Everett Howard are standing on the porch with another teacher, unidentified. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Simpson's house at Wolcott in 1915. There have been additions to the original log house; several outbuildings behind the main house.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Down cabin on D&RGW land on the Benton Place, Burns, Colorado. Built in 1924.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Shirley Chambers and Ladonna Fair sit on the front porch of the Chambers Ranch home with a babydoll.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Beck house in Salida, with hop vines covering the porch area.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The 21 place on the Benton ranch, built in 1909 from a mail order kit from Sears which arrived by rail. Three automobiles are parked by the building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Oleson house on Highway 131 south of State Bridge, built in 1914. Screened-in porch on the front of the building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Peggy Jo Todd standing by hollyhocks near a house porch. Photo was printed at "Pings Service Station Sep 1933."
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Frances Noel house at 1620 Copper Spur Rd., built in 1904. There is a porch on the front and additional structures on the back of the house. A stove is sitting in the yard.