Showing 1 - 20 of 43 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership of the structure in 1989. Members were remodeling the structure to convert it into a parish hall. "Last week's fire destoyed 88 years of history in downtown...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership of the structure in 1989. Members were remodeling the structure to convert it into a parish hall. "Last week's fire destoyed 88 years of history in downtown...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Flower judging at the 2012 County Fair.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Scott Jones and Greg Baldwin steer roping during the Eagle County Fair & Rodeo, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mary Jo Trezise (Gerard) models a prize-winning 4H dress from the 1949 Eagle County Fair.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A 1950s Eagle County Fair project being judged.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Chicken judging at the 2012 County Fair. From left to right: Anna Gongaware, Noah Seaman, Joseph Emmer, Malorie Stephens, Elena Ortiz, Randi Ponce
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Showing a livestock project at the Eagle County Fair in the 1960s.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
August 18, 1911 photo of Ladies Aid Group. Twenty-five women in three rows, posed in front of a building. Included in the photo are:Mrs. Hugh Chatfield, Lucy Doll (Mrs. F.), Gretchen Doll Defore, Mayme Stremme Price, Ada Schlusser, Ella Gannon, Mrs. Schliff, Kitty Heyer (Mrs. John), Mrs. Packard, Mrs. Norgaard, Mrs. Theadore Stremme, Mrs. Doctor Greene, Mrs. Livers (husband was the Lutheran preacher), Mrs. Jensen, Daisy Harrison, Mrs. J. P. Oleson,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Vienna Sue Gates (Sours), Jill Wurtsmith (Schlegel), and Melody Bertroch (Clark) model their apron projects during the 1966 Eagle County Fair 4-H competition.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Rod Carter and his 1965 Grand Champion market sheep, Eagle County Fair.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Steer roping during the Eagle County Fair & Rodeo, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Erin Mooney and his steer project, Eagle County Fair 1963.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Red Cliff ball club, 1900, in uniform and posed for a team portrait. Charley Howard, Will St. Clair, Sol Ackley, John Nimon, C. H. Roberts, Will Farnum, Frank Farnum, James Collins, Tom Collins (Mascot), Rick Rice, Earl Ward, Joker Roberts, Charley Farnum [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Masonic Lodge, Eagle Lodge #43 A.M.&F.M., in Minturn with snow covering the sidewalk around the building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dena Reimer awarding a young cowboy at the Eagle County Fair & Rodeo in the 1960s.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Red Cliff 4-H Club participants marching in the Eagle Flight Days parade going north along Broadway in front of the old high school and the cafeteria where the county 4-H demonstrations were often held. Sandy Albert Rose and SHeila Warren are holding the ends of the banner. Robin Albert and Geneva Sandoval are at the very back.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Red Cliff 4-H projects for the Eagle County Fair on display after the fair. The location is Henderson's Store in Red Cliff, with Pearl and Ralph Henderson in the foreground. Sandy Rose's Unit 1 gathered skirt is the pink skirt with the blue ribbon.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ivan "Ike" Dump wearing an American Legion cap and pin, standing in front of his Buick on Eagle Street.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Odd Fellows Hall building taken from the yard of the Poor Farm in Gypsum. The Lutheran Church is at the right of the Hall. The cupola on the original building has been removed, a chimney and additional door appear as well (comparing this photo to 2011.006.001). The building has been remodeled to suit the purposes for which it was being used.