Showing 1 - 2 of 2 , query time: 0.01s
A close up of the roof detail and windows on the shelter house at Notch Mountain. Constructed by the CCC between 1931 and 1933, it was built to provide a respite to those on pilgrimages to see the Mount of the Holy Cross. Caption by O.W. Randall: "Shelter house--has a beautiful fire place and wood always provided on hand for the public."
1933-40: Front and side view of the rock Shelter House on Notch Mountain, opposite the Holy Cross. "This is the end of the trail for pilgrimagers [sic]." Built by the CCC. Door and window shaded by overhangs of timber and shingle. Foreground composed of rocky ground. (Labeled 283452) [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]