Showing 1 - 20 of 547 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Registration table for the Cemetery Tour. In the back are Brian Hall and Laura Thompson. At the tables, from left: Ron Moos, Georgie Zinda, Bill Harris, Suzie Ross, Sandy VanCampen, Joanne Cermak
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tom Knight and his grandson, Alan Knight (son of MacDonald and Micheline Knight) in 1955. "Tom and Alan Spring of 1955"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bill Flynn coming out of the old jail in Minturn, leaving two of his friends behind.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Dock Roberson" in Army uniform, standing on a rock in the Eagle River at Minturn.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Actor Donna Spinelli, at center, portraying Elvira Schlegel, wife of Piney homesteader Mathias Schlegel. Docent Laura Thompson is at left.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Colorado River below Red Cliff 4/51" Rex Flats above Minturn, looking N-NW from Battle Mountain. Aquaduct visible left of center. . Small blue spot to right of telephone pole possibly Bolt's Lake.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bill Kavanaugh and Bob Crane, his nephew, in front of the Kavanaugh home in Minturn, Colorado.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Actor Cooter Overcash portraying Hank Elliott, rancher, boxing promoter and bootlegger.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The front of Minturn Mercantile. There is a gas pump on the right. People are gathered under the awning in front of the shop next-door. The street next to the sidewalk is dug up. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Albert and Newell Buffehr, from left to right, with an unidentified girl standing between them at the side of a house. Both boys are wearing hats and gloves. A dog is at their feet. Jacob Buffehr, their father, worked for the Denver & Rio Grande railroad from 1901 to about 1915, living in Minturn with his family.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Gilman Mine "tailings pond" in the back center. Tailings were waste products from processing ore and were piped down Battle Mountain approximately four to five miles to the tailings pond. Some eight million cubic feet have been estimated to have been dumped in this area, which was west of the Gilman Mine.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Using a level to make sure the mine tailings flume is canted to the right angle. Tailings were piped from Gilman as a slurry and, as the slurry dried, it became the same consistency as a fine sand.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Maloit Park showing the playground area in the back left. The park is east of Minturn on Highway 24 approximately two miles. The New Jersey Zinc Co. recreation grounds were renamed Maloit Park in November of 1958. The park was dedicated on July 4th, 1959, becoming a public facility. Frank Maloit retired in the spring of 1959 after being affiliated with the Company at Gilman since 1922.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Memorial bench for the Baldo family in River View Cemetery.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Broken track and ties resulting from the rockfall from Lionshead Rock. On March 4, 2014, a large section of the rock broke away from the local landmark and landed on the railway tracks below. The 30 foot boulder missed the Eagle River and nearby houses.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From back left, MacDonald Knight, Perlita Knight, Tom and Sophie Knight. In front are Betty Jo Knight Schmidt and Glenn Schmidt. Verso: "Minturn 1944 by M&R Café, Don, Perlita, Mom, Tom, Me and Glen BJS" [June 1984 copy]
Cover Image
17) Gordon
Format:
Image
Studio portrait of Gordon Warren, graduation from Minturn High School.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Darrell Barnes supervising the play at Maloit park. Darrell was the chief accountant at Gilman for many years.
Cover Image
19) Minturn
Format:
Image
A train passes through Minturn. Round house can be seen at back mid-field.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1914-1915: Train cars and debris scattered down snow-covered cliff walls. Nine men standing on upright train car at left of photo, viewing the destruction. 44 cars involved in the accident; Engineer Fred Graham killed. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]