Showing 1 - 20 of 138 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This sturdy built homestead cabin two miles north east of Volcano was put up by Frank Zupon, a semi-recluse, who made it his home from 1920 to 1936." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.306 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1898: Frank Doll with horses brought from Ohio, standing in front of cabin at Dotsero. Frank and Lucy Doll with their children, Sam and Susan, spent the Fall and Winter of 1887 here. The one-room log cabin appears to be on a rock foundation with steps leading up to a small porch at the front door. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The remains of John Dubach's cabin in Upper Town of Fulford, Colorado. Photo was taken in July of 1966
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Yeoman Camp at Salt Creek" (part of the Brush Creek drainage). Multiple log buildings, corrals and fencing are seen. Several miles further up East Brush Creek Rd. is the old mining town of Fulford. This photo was taken prior to the CCC camp built in the 1930s at Yeoman Park. The site has been a favored camping and fishing place since the settlement of Eagle. " At an elevation of 9,000 ft, Yeoman Park campground is located on the edge of a wetland...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bill Gates cabin constructed behind the main ranch house in 1913 on Derby Mesa.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Olsen dwelling south of State Bridge built in 1909.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cabin belonging to Charles Fredrick Eichaker at the mineral mill at Cross Creek. The Knight and Beck familes used the cabin at various points in time. "Even had an outhouse"--Angela Beck. [information from Buster Beck] Bill Burnett mentions Charlie Eyacher [sic.] in The Eagle on Battle Mountain at Gilman, Colorado and My Life as I Remember, although Bill locates the cabin at Fall Creek p.7: "Old Charlie had a house on the far side, eastside,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Yarmony Park, 1968. The Babcock sisters pay a visit to the old homestead they abandoned in 1924. Edith, Elizabeth and Ila pose with the cabin and Yarmony Mountain for a background." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 295 Verso of photograph: Edith Babcock Wood, Ila Babcock Barker, Elizabeth Babcock Barker. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
One of the 13 cabins built by a man from Chicago by the name of Kenner who came to the Burns area each summer in the 1890's. The place was known as "Thirteen." The log cabin has a very ornate window and a sod roof. "Thirteen" was bought by Frank Benton in 1907. Mr. Benton took the windows and built them into his frame house, still on the ranch in Burns. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
MacDonald Knight standing on trailer attached to his jeep. He's looking at lumber in front of an abandoned cabin at Holy Cross City. There are wildflowers in the foreground. "The one picture of Don Knight's jeep shows some boards. Buster [Beck] said there was two piles of boards on this side of Francy Pass. Why & from where he does not know. SInce they are on this side of Fancy Pass he is sure they did not come from the saw mill at Cross Creek."...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Ester Trudson cabin on the Sigler place, Volcano section of Conger Mesa. The photo was taken in 1973 by John Ambos. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bob Buerger's place built in 1949 on Sweetwater Road; remodeled in 1955 and 1968.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Alfred Benson’s property on Shrine Pass FSR (Forest Service Road) 709. Originally, there were several cabins (log and board), a blacksmith shop and a barn at the site. This was not Benson's main cabin or barn. The main cabin interior walls had been smoothed with an adz or a broad-axe and these are not smooth. The structure is too small to be the barn. This photo was taken on July 26, 2012.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Duroux - Albert house built in 1906 in El Jebel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Cabin on former Jack Grimes Ranch on Cottonwood Creek, McCoy, Colo." -- John Ambos' caption [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bill Gates building constructed on Derby Mesa in 1929.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A southeast view of cabins at Fulford. The cabin on the right belonged to Forrest W. Cave, an Eagle County Treasurer. Charles Hemberger's cabin is on the left. (Note that this photograph may be reversed.)
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence and Helen Dubach standing in front of their new cabin. Logs are piled at right. Photo taken September 1965.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Maxwell place, taken by John Ambos. "Among the very early pioneers of the area were Elliott and Mary Maxwell who located on 160 acres of land at the confluence of the Grand River and Elk Creek, about four miles west of McCoy about 1896. The elevation there was about 6,500 feet, the lowest in the area where most vegetables and some varieties of hardy fruits could be grown." -- McCoy Memoirs p.155 [Title supplied from catalog...