Showing 1 - 3 of 3 , query time: 0.02s
"The first school on the Conger Mesa was held in a small cabin on the Schrupp ranch in 1911. The second one was held in this log house built by John Conger in 1892 and abandoned by him a few years later. The building was none too warm and the school furnishings crude but after seven years without a school, no one complained. The building served as a school until a frame building was built in a more central location in 1916. In the fall of 1912...
3) Fritz Arendt
"The John Ambos homestead cabin, built in 1903. This photo, taken in 1909, shows Fritz Arendt who was batching in it, his dogs and an assortment of firearms. Fritz, an early day ranch hand, hunter, trapper, Game Warden and poacher left the McCoy area for Utah about 1911 and never returned. The cabin was demolished in 1912 and the salvaged material used for other purposes." --McCoy Memoirs, p. 238 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the...