Showing 1 - 20 of 338 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"After the abandonment of the Pioneer Cottonwood school in 1911, another schoolhouse of log construction was built on Antelope Creek a mile or so west of Cottonwood. Ed Robinson donated the land and Arthur Panting, Phil Maxwell and Perry Ault donated the labor with an assist from Tom Wohler. Ault and Maxwell cut the logs for the building on King Mountain, but Panting, who was to do the skidding, had the misfortune to break a leg while doing that,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Brush Creek school house near Eagle in 1907. A boy is coming out of the door; outhouse behind the school. The school is surrounded by a fence with a stile in place for students to climb over. From the shadows in the foreground, it appears one of the horsement is the photographer. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Grant Deeble and Joe Dice standing next to horses in front of the bunk house at the Schlutter Place. Flat bed wagon is on the right, hay wagon is at left foreground. Taken during hunting season.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Storage building on the Brett Ranch, mouth of Lake Creek, Edwards. Scrap lumber at left of building. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sweetwater School in the snow. Path to the school appears to have been shoveled or plowed. The log building was built about 1905. In 1931, the teacher was Myrtie Hockett. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Labeled September 10, 1916. "The Pershing Fair and Rodeo held on Conger Mesa in the fall of 1916 and 1917 was intended to be an annual event until World War One interrupted the plan, so it was only held those two years. The building on the right is a part of the Conger Mesa school barn which was built from logs taken from the old Conger Cabin." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 221 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Students and teacher, Miss Patterson, in front of Spring Valley School, Gypsum. The log school building has six tall, paned windows providing light to the classroom. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Yeoman Camp at Salt Creek" (part of the Brush Creek drainage). Multiple log buildings, corrals and fencing are seen. Several miles further up East Brush Creek Rd. is the old mining town of Fulford. This photo was taken prior to the CCC camp built in the 1930s at Yeoman Park. The site has been a favored camping and fishing place since the settlement of Eagle. " At an elevation of 9,000 ft, Yeoman Park campground is located on the edge of a wetland...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Log community house at Camp Tigiwon near Mt. of the Holy Cross. On verso of photo: 2330.4; E.H.M. 1900, Sept. 2, 1958"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Horn ranch house on Rock Creek, two and one half miles above McCoy, as it was in 1917. Homesteaders Alvin Hart and Rooks built the cabin with the fireplace, the rest was added on by the Horns. The low building on the right was the kitchen, the two story addition had two bedrooms upstairs and the ground floor was the living room, the fireplace room served as a bunkhouse for ranch hands. Shortly after Arthur Horn's death, Mrs. Horn had that...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence Dubach's westernmost barn in Triangle Park, looking NW from the access road. Core from drilling was stored here. Photo taken September 1965.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bill Gates cabin constructed behind the main ranch house in 1913 on Derby Mesa.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's house in Basalt, Colorado. From the Basalt Regional Heritage Society Walking Tour: "Luchsinger Half-Way House. In 1885 Gabe and Julia Sneider Luchsinger arrived in Frying Pan Junction (Basalt). Gabe was an enthusiastic fisherman and along with his brothers Ottomar, Gabriel, Marcus and Jacob, would catach fish and take them in gunny sacks to Aspen to sell. In addition to their fishing, Gabriel and Julia ran a dairy ranch and in 1887...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A winter scene at the McCoy Hotel, showing the bridge over Rock Creek. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"An early day log dwelling a little similar to the Wohler house, but built by Tom Elliott on his Mother's homestead. Besides the Elliott family who lived here over twenty years, succeeding occupants were the Grays, Grohs, Grimes, Kaysers and Holts. The dirt roof building on the extreme left was the original building and the rest were additions. The logs in this building and many other in the vicinity are as sound today as in the day they were cut...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Interior of the Camp Tigiwon Community House showing the stone fireplace, roof beams, and interior log walls. Mantelpiece is a half-timber. Andirons visible in fireplace front. Photo labeled: 29309 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Buffington cabin, Brush Creek, 1979, showing log structure with planed wood roofing. The Buffington and Newquist families were neighbors.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Joe and Jane Dice standing outside the Beecher Gulch Place in the snow. Jane is wearing a snowsuit. Joe is in shirtsleeves with mittens, boots, and helmet. The log building has icicles hanging off the roof. This building is still standing [2007].