Showing 1 - 20 of 131 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking into the cellar of the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, patent mark on the back of the linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing Claude DeGraw removing the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Highway 6 is in the background. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, the second story removal of the hotel almost complete. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, newspaper and linoleum debris from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking through the front door of the hotel onto Capitol Street. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken March 8, 2011, showing the detail of one of the cabins next to the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"After 1920 the various hotel proprietors made minor and major improvements and remodeling, including types of fence construction." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 97 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
11) Fishing
Format:
Image
Fishing at Lucky G.J. Ranch. Margaret Smith, Edith Eidem, and Delia Bridget O'Callaghan, three WW II ex-Wacs, bought the Ranch in February 1947 from Mr. and Mrs. Carl Stewart. They operated the 300-acre ranch as a dude ranch. There was a thirty-two room ranch house that they cleaned up and then they added cabins and worked fields. Gene Godat worked as their hunting guide for tourists. Gene and Fawntella Godat owned the Hilltop Dude Ranch in Sweetwater...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A winter scene at the McCoy Hotel, showing the bridge over Rock Creek. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's boarding house on 2d Street in Basalt.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, newspaper found in the hotel, featuring the Washington Nationals [1924]. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The ribbon cutting of the restored Rock Creek Stage Station on August 30, 2003. Jayne Hill of Historic Routt County! is at far left with Bud Gates, representing the Gates family, standing next to her. The new chinking on the exterior is clearly visible as are replacement framings.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Changes in fencing at the McCoy Hotel. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The main ranch house at the Lucky GJ Ranch. Margaret Smith, Edith Eidem, and Delia Bridget O'Callaghan, three WW II ex-Wacs, bought the Ranch in February 1947 from Mr. and Mrs. Carl Stewart. They operated the 300-acre ranch as a dude ranch. There was a thirty-two room ranch house that they cleaned up and then they added cabins and worked fields. Gene Godat worked as their hunting guide for tourists. Gene and Fawntella Godat owned the Hilltop...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Brush Creek Lodge from the brochure, "Spend your vacation this summer...at Brush Creek Lodge." [photo mounted on verso of cover] The Lodge was situated south of Eagle. Taking Brush Creek Road, travel eleven miles to the fork; take the left fork and drive four miles to the lodge, near Yeoman Park. Mrs. Jo Wirsching, owner, manager; rooms by reservation only.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"A look at the McCoy Hotel from the west bank of Rock Creek in 1916. If the bridge was only able to talk, think of the many interesting stories it could tell about the many travelers that passed over it between Wolcott and Routt County. Flood waters took it out twice, in 1952 when the King Mountain Reservoir dam gave way and again when high water took it out in 1962. After that it was never replaced." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.95. [Title supplied from...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking through the hotel toward the south. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...