Showing 1 - 6 of 6 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Volunteer fireman and equipment in front of City Hall. Front row: far right end - Jack Hanwell, 3rd from left - Bill Graham, 1st on left - "Tiny" Ballow. In the back of the group standing to the right of the entrance wearing a hat is Ernie Anderson.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Englewood City Hall after the November 1946 blizzard.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This building was the original Dance Hall for the Tuileries Amusement Park. It was later bought by the National Film Co. which sold it to Alexander Industries. It was then bought by the City of Englewood for $14,500 and housed the Library and Police and Fire departments.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Fire Department trucks in front of City Hall.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
These are the first aid and rescue squad trucks. The vehicle in front is the ambulance, which was a converted hearse.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This building was once the dance hall for Tuileries Amusement Park. It was later bought by the National Film Co. It was then sold to Alexander Industries and finally to the City of Englewood. The city bought the building and some land for $14,500. Note the Griffin behind the flag pole on the top of the building. The griffin now stands in the main stairway of City Center.