Showing 1 - 20 of 23 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the West. The Englewood City Hall is located at 3385 S. Broadway. The house to the right is Dr. John Simon's house at 3345 S. Broadway. In the 1920's the Englewood Public Library started in a room rented in the house. Louthan Realty is located at 3342 S. Broadway. The empty lot is the location of the current Post Office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Alexander Film Co. art department. George Perrin in the center by the pillar, standing.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The National Film Co. building was originally the dance hall for Tuileries Amusement Park. It later became Alexander Industries and eventually it was Englewood City Hall before being torn down.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Englewood Police Department in front of City Hall.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Englewood Police Department in 1937 stand in front of the old City Hall.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Englewood Police in front of City Hall about 1936.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This was the first Eaglerock airplane in front of the Alexander Aircraft Co.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This was a fire at the Alexander Aircraft Building #1. It was located on the S. West corner of the alley behind Alexander's main building and Girard.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Alexander Industries.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The building of Alexander Industries.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of the Alexander Industries building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This building was originally the Tuileries Dance Pavilion. It later was sold to the National Film Co., then to Alexander Industries and finally to the City of Englewood. The building was bought for $14,500. Note the Griffin on top of the building. The Griffin is now located in the main stairway of City Center.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This building was once the dance hall for Tuileries Amusement Park. It was later bought by the National Film Co. It was then sold to Alexander Industries and finally to the City of Englewood. The city bought the building and some land for $14,500. Note the Griffin behind the flag pole on the top of the building. The griffin now stands in the main stairway of City Center.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Volunteer fireman and equipment in front of City Hall. Front row: far right end - Jack Hanwell, 3rd from left - Bill Graham, 1st on left - "Tiny" Ballow. In the back of the group standing to the right of the entrance wearing a hat is Ernie Anderson.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Englewood City Hall after the November 1946 blizzard.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This building was the original Dance Hall for the Tuileries Amusement Park. It was later bought by the National Film Co. which sold it to Alexander Industries. It was then bought by the City of Englewood for $14,500 and housed the Library and Police and Fire departments.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Fire Department trucks in front of City Hall.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The entrance to Tuileries Park at approximately 3385 S. Broadway. A band played in the balcony.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
One of the early Eaglerock airplanes.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The entrance to the Tuileries Park located at approximately 3385 S. Broadway.