Showing 1 - 20 of 20 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The first crew at the dedication of the new Post Office on Sept. 17th, 1938. At the far left is James Adams, Postmaster. And on the far right is George B. Gilbert, Sr. Assistant Postmaster.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the South looking at the west side of Broadway from in front of the Post Office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is Broadway looking North from the middle of the 3300 block. In the upper left is the Gothic Theatre at 3263 S. Broadway, greenhouses at 3209 S. Broadway, and the First Baptist church at 3195 S. Broadway. On the right is Hoehn Chevrolet at 3300 S. Broadway, Van Skoik Automatic Saw Filing at 3316 S. Broadway, and the vacant lot is the site of the current Post Office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This was the first Post Office located in Englewood at Quincy and Broadway.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the south on Broadway. The vacant lot on the left is the site of the present Post Office. Louthan Realty is located at 3342 S. Broadway.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The empty field in the foreground is the future site of the Englewood Post Office on Broadway and Floyd. The Englewood Lumber Co. can been seen in the background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is of the east side of S. Broadway. The Post Office is on the left.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the West. The Englewood City Hall is located at 3385 S. Broadway. The house to the right is Dr. John Simon's house at 3345 S. Broadway. In the 1920's the Englewood Public Library started in a room rented in the house. Louthan Realty is located at 3342 S. Broadway. The empty lot is the location of the current Post Office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the South looking toward the east side of the S. Broadway. The Post Office is located at 3400 S. Broadway next to the J. C. Penny Company at 3402. The Safeway is at 3414 and the Public Service Co. is located at 3434 S. Broadway.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
George Gilbert Sr. (left) receives an award for his 30 years of service as assistant postmaster. The award was given by James E. Soloms (right), postmaster.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
In the background is the house of Jacob C. Jones. The people in the foreground are at the ground breaking for the new Post Office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The ground breaking for the new Post Office in 1937. The view is to the West. J.C. Jones house is on the right and Loretto Heights College can be seen on the far horizon.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Post Office under construction. The view is to the East across Broadway. In the background is Columbine Greenhouse at 3333 S. Sherman and St. Louis Catholic Church.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This building is the Post Office on the corner of Floyd and Broadway.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the East looking across Broadway.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This is the site of the future Post Office. The view is to the East across Broadway. In the background you can see some greenhouses and St. Louis Church on the left.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The mural in the Englewood Post Office was painted by Mr. Boardman as part of the WPA project in 1940.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo of the finshed Post Office in 1952. Englewood Lumber can be seen in the background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Christmas mail rush in l962. Sherwin Pennington, parcel post clerk.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Construction of the Post Office at 3330 S. Broadway in 1937. The view is to the Northeast. Englewood Lumber can be seen in the background.