Showing 1 - 20 of 45 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Volunteer Fire Department in front of City Hall. Dr. Simon's house is on the right. This house also housed the first library as well as Doctor Simon's offices. The Jacob Jones house is behind Simon's house.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the East. The bridge crosses over E. Hampden from the parking structure to the Swedish Medical buildings.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the East. The 3400 block of S. Bannock is at the bottom of the photo. Swedish Medical Center is at the top center.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dr. Gatewood and Maxine Milligan in their Englewood home. They both died in a house fire in 2004.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Swedish Hospital during new construction in 1973.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of Swedish Hospital.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Buildings before the second story was removed in 1952. They were located on the NE corner of Broadway and Hampden. The office of Dr. John Simon Sr. was located upstairs from the pharmacy. Dr. Arthur was upstairs in the next building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This is the intersection of Girard and Pennsylvania looking West. Swedish Hospital is on the left.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The view is to the West. The Englewood City Hall is located at 3385 S. Broadway. The house to the right is Dr. John Simon's house at 3345 S. Broadway. In the 1920's the Englewood Public Library started in a room rented in the house. Louthan Realty is located at 3342 S. Broadway. The empty lot is the location of the current Post Office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Wempes Grocery is the door on the right. This was also the office of Dr. John Simon, Jr. (door on the left).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Members of the Ladies Aid of the Immanuel Lutheran Church make blouses for girls at National Jewish Hospital. From left to right: Mrs. Fred Prenzlow, Mrs. Ted Doss, Mrs. William Holthaus, Mrs. Ed Scott, Mrs. George Otto.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of Louis Crum M.D.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Helen Collar of 4110 S. Pearl was the nurse assigned to Clayton, Cherrelyn, and Duncan schools.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dr. Thomas L. Bivins had his offices in the Tucker Building.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of C. Tolley, M.D.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of Swedish Hospital.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of Swedish Hospital.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This view is to the West showing the main building and the cottages of the original Swedish Hospital.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This is the new addition to Swedish.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Mayflower building, on the left, was built in 1930. The Bundsen building, on the right, was built in 1951.