Showing 1 - 20 of 21 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Another view of the Colorado River taken by John Ambos in 1918 as he photographed places around McCoy. Dog at lower left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tom Knight, with Hound and pickup at Gilman, showing the depth of the snow.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A young boy holding a puppy is standing on the front walk of the Andre Funeral Home, 125 E. 2nd St., Eagle. The photo was developed on Jan. 17, 1941.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mildred Howard kneeling next to Tip, the dog, in the snow in front of a cabin. Fence in right background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Snowy day at the Beecher Gulch Place. Dixie the horse in front of barn; dogs, Boots and Rex in front of a 1937 Hudson Terraplane automobile. House in right midground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Front: "timber yard 'Hound' on duty; verso: "Gilman on Little Chief Mine dump, Fraysur [Froysur, Frasier?] in picture
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Woman walking along right-hand of snowy highway, dog ahead of her. Two figures also walking along the road in the distance. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Late 1800s, photo is labeled: "Edgar, Curly and I". Minnie Cox is the lady in the photo. No location is given.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Margie Haas holding two puppies with a dog in the background. They are standing in front of the Haas house at Sandstone Creek (Vail). Snow on the ground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Leo Cunningham standing by the Haas house at Sandstone Creek. Leo worked at the Fleming Saw Mill in what is now Vail. Dog at right midground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Whitey, the dog, in the snow in front of the Beck garage in Red Cliff, February 1969, obviously a good snow year. A Scout International is parked next to Whitey.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A group of friends standing in front of a car at Walsh's garage in Red Cliff. From left: McDonald, Joe Fear, Mamie and Mickey Walsh. Severl children are seat on the car's top and a dog is at lower left.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Verne Trunde, Avon School teacher, on skis. Dog in left midground. The view is to the northeast looking at Buck Creek. Given the elevation, the photo may have been taken at Bachelor Gulch. Inscription: "He couldn't do anything with Austin Offerson either." [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Scruffy, Mike and Smoky (the dog) on the steps at the Beck house. Fleming Lumber's framing house is behind them. In the left background is Tib Montoya's house. At upper right is a good example of fingerprinting on photographs.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The first cabin built in Red Cliff by Wm. Greiner and G. J. DaLee in 1879. This cabin is still standing and occupied by Jack Elliott." -- History of Eagle County, 1940, p.12 When compared to 2009.005.001, this does appear to be the Greiner/Elliott cabin.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
""Squeak", Melissa, and Jane" (caption from photo album) An unnamed girl, Melissa Larsen, Jane Bemis, and a dog pose together on a dirt road. There is still snow on the ground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Hans, Hester, and the dog Skipper.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Duane Larsen gets help from Skipper the dog in shoveling deep snow. The caption says this photo was taken during the Spring of 1949.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Jack and the Turkeys" (caption from photo album). Jack the dog standing in the snow with the turkeys. There is a wagon, small shed, and fenceline in the background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Six children and a dog standing in the snow in front of the school at Pando on May 10, 1933. Inscription on back: "Presented to Ronald Dunifs (?) by Mrs. Stratton Smith." In 1890, Pando was School District No. 12. By 1893, it was included in School District No. 2 with Mitchell. In 1897, it joined School District No. 1, Red Cliff and by the early 1900s, was not mentioned as a separate entity. Pando, a sheep and agricultural valley, became Camp Hale....