Showing 1 - 7 of 7 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Another view of the Colorado River taken by John Ambos in 1918 as he photographed places around McCoy. Dog at lower left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Maxwell place, taken by John Ambos. "Among the very early pioneers of the area were Elliott and Mary Maxwell who located on 160 acres of land at the confluence of the Grand River and Elk Creek, about four miles west of McCoy about 1896. The elevation there was about 6,500 feet, the lowest in the area where most vegetables and some varieties of hardy fruits could be grown." -- McCoy Memoirs p.155 [Title supplied from catalog...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sophie Hamrick Knight, on the divide between Cross Creek and West Cross Creek. She is posed with the dog, "Hound," and burros Lucky and The Kid. She and Tom Knight were prospecting at the time. Verso: "Mom on the divide between Cross Creek and West Cross Creek with burros, Lucky and The Kid, and dog, The Houn'. 1938[?] Prospecting"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bridge over the Eagle River on Eagle Street, in Red Cliff. Taken on June 8, 1959, the spring runoff is quite hight and debris is collecting on the bridge pier. A dog appears to have found something of interest.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Marker for: "Our beloved Jamie, husband-son-father, James D. Medina, May 3, 1965--July 17, 1986," in Riverview Cemetery. A mountain scene with elk, pines, river, dog and person on a motorcycle is engraved at the center of the marker. Roses and an embossed photo are at the top. Inscription reads: "Jamo, we all miss you."
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Marker for: Beloved husband & father, Dwayne A. Norvell, Nov. 24, 1951--July 23, 1984, in Riverview Cemetery. The marker is engraved with a mountain scene featuring clouds, a river, a man fishing, fish, dogs, pine trees and a cross.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"John Root with first shipment of cream Edwards-bound; Mayberry's horse & cart." "Taken at Hill Ranch on East lake Creek, early 1920s." -- Esther Klatt