The library is now open for browsing Monday-Friday from 10am to 6pm and Saturdays from noon to 4pm.
Read more about our Walkthrough Library experience.


Showing 1 - 9 of 9 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"A grain threshing outfit and crew on the Frank Groh ranch on lower Rock Creek in 1911. From left to right they are Phil Hines and Frank Parker, who were onlookers. Next are Charley McCoy and Tom Wohler, who owned the outfit. Then Phil Kapale, Ben Butler, unknown, Ed Bailey, Frank Groh, Jr., Harry Groh and Sam Kibbler. While in operation, it was the duty of the owners to see that all parts of the equipment were functioning properly. Other men...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Iva and Marvin haying on Congor Mesa Road (Leonard Horn's place).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Always referred to as the Harris house, it has had considerable face lifting since the large Harris family occupied it for twenty eight years or from 1917 to 1945. Quite a number of people lived here before and since the Harrises. Earlier residents were the Towers, Porters and Robinsons." -- McCoy Memoirs p.173 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Arthur and Nettie [Pross] Panting, shortly after they were married in 1906." -- McCoy Memoirs p.169 There is a dog in front of Mrs. Panting. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Tom Wohler standing in front of his barn in 1912. The Wohler ranch had a first class set of ranch buildings and fences that Tom kept in good repair until a year or so before he passed away." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 131 "Fritz, Tom and Sarah Wohler came to Colorado from Pennsylvania in 1876 and settled at Leadville for 18 years. Tom was shift boss at the Johnny Mine and Sarah had a dress shop. They were married in Leadville in 1883. In 1895 Tom and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Pioneers Mary and Frank Groh on their still unimproved ranch on Rock Creek, below McCoy [1/4 mile south] in [May] 1891. The man to the right of Mr. Groh is unidentified but the man doing the driving is Sam Elliott." -- McCoy Memoirs p.121 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
McCoy hunters, horses and dog on Piney Creek in October 1907. From left, Emmett Quinlan, Fritz Arendt, Harry Groh. F. W. Ambos is taking the picture. In McCoy Memoirs, p. 10, there is the same shot only with F. W. Ambos included and Harry Groh taking the picture. According to John Ambos, "In the early years of the 1900's deer were not plentiful in the McCoy area." [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The John Ambos homestead cabin, built in 1903. This photo, taken in 1909, shows Fritz Arendt who was batching in it, his dogs and an assortment of firearms. Fritz, an early day ranch hand, hunter, trapper, Game Warden and poacher left the McCoy area for Utah about 1911 and never returned. The cabin was demolished in 1912 and the salvaged material used for other purposes." --McCoy Memoirs, p. 238 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"A revival meeting at the McCoy Hall in 1916. In the back row of the group are: Florence Scrivens (a sister to Elsie Brooks), Reuben Stifel, Ed Robinson, Cora Mulnix, Mrs. Lovett, Gladys Mulnix, Perry Ault, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Bailey, Preacher Tom Smith, Mrs. Kibbler, Mary Walters, Lulu Horn, Elizabeth Ault, Inez Robinson, Hazel Skiff, Pauline Schomers, Frank Panting Jr., Frank Ault. The three young children are: Frank and Edna Mulnix and Leonard Horn. In...