Showing 1 - 12 of 12 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dr. William Lawrence Conway with his granddaughter, Lillian Naomi Higdon, now Starr Doll. Dr. Conway is leaning down and touching Freckles, the dog. Starr's mother died in childbirth and she was raised by her grandparents. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Albert and Newell Buffehr, from left to right, with an unidentified girl standing between them at the side of a house. Both boys are wearing hats and gloves. A dog is at their feet. Jacob Buffehr, their father, worked for the Denver & Rio Grande railroad from 1901 to about 1915, living in Minturn with his family.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1880-1900: Brett's house porch showing two hand made doors. The right hand door is shut with the screen closed. The left hand door is open with the screen propped on the wall between the two doors. Two children are playing with two dogs in the sunshine on the porch. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bert Yandell and his dog, Pal, across the valley from Squaw Creek. Bert is carrying books and a lunch pail in his left arm. Ranch buildings are in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
George Macdonell holding duckling at left. Terryann Lewis, in back, patting the duckling. Suzann Lewis staring at the camera. Marg Macdonell, at right, holding a very interested General Douglas MacArthur.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Albert and Newell Buffehr, from left to right, each holding dogs at the Buffehr ranch. The ranch cabin is in the background. Jacob and Lydia Buffehr, their parents, purchased the ranch at the mouth of Buffehr Creek (which flows from north to south, entering Gore Creek at what is now West Vail) in about 1916. Jacob Buffehr had worked for the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad out of Minturn for fifteen years when he decided to operate a dairy farm. He...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Burnidene O'Neal with a camera in her hands is standing next to Mr. Whitney who is holding Tom, the dog. Mildred O'Neal is at left holding Sammy, the cat. The inscription reads: "Friends." They are in a backyard in Glenwood Springs in 1918.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From left, standing: Alicia Halloran and Sarah Jane (Grandma) Fulford. From left, seated: Ada Fay Peterson, Pup (the dog) and Albert Fulford. There is another dog to the right of Albert. The house was probably located where the Kuttin' Korner and Allen Agency Building now stand. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Suzann Lewis with Wooley and Rags at the family ranch (now Castle Peak Ranch).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Doug Hughes at far left, standing with his aunt and uncle, Maybelle and Bert Yandell across the valley from Squaw Creek. Bert is petting his dog, Pal. Ranch buildings are in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Doug Hughes looking at Bert Yandell, who is holding a dog (possibly Pal), at Squaw Creek. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Duane Larsen, age 3 or 4, and Button the dog.