Showing 1 - 20 of 74 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Standing in the door of the Wolcott section house. From left, Tom Gill, Jim Flynn, little Agnes, Cecil Playford and Margurite Terrell. A dog is watching at right.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Nine school children (seven girls, two boys) of the Old Coach School, Bond, Colorado, 1938, standing in front of the school. These were children of railroad employees. Small dog stands at left in back row. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dr. William Lawrence Conway with his granddaughter, Lillian Naomi Higdon, now Starr Doll. Dr. Conway is leaning down and touching Freckles, the dog. Starr's mother died in childbirth and she was raised by her grandparents. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Albert and Newell Buffehr, from left to right, with an unidentified girl standing between them at the side of a house. Both boys are wearing hats and gloves. A dog is at their feet. Jacob Buffehr, their father, worked for the Denver & Rio Grande railroad from 1901 to about 1915, living in Minturn with his family.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A young boy holding a puppy is standing on the front walk of the Andre Funeral Home, 125 E. 2nd St., Eagle. The photo was developed on Jan. 17, 1941.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From left to right: family dog, Bill Kavanaugh, John Kavanaugh, Hilma Kavanaugh holding baby Mary. The family is standing in the yard next to the Kavanaugh home in Minturn, Colorado, August 1936.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1880-1900: Brett's house porch showing two hand made doors. The right hand door is shut with the screen closed. The left hand door is open with the screen propped on the wall between the two doors. Two children are playing with two dogs in the sunshine on the porch. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Evelyn Urdine Douthit sits with the dog, Spot, in the mail cart that her grandfather, George Washington Messermith, would use to pick up mail from the Gypsum Post Office. The photo was dated 1926.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bert Yandell and his dog, Pal, across the valley from Squaw Creek. Bert is carrying books and a lunch pail in his left arm. Ranch buildings are in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Building construction at the Methodist Church in Eagle, Colorado. A woman and three younger boys have shown up to assist, as well as a small black dog (standing in the wooden frame ready for concrete). They appear to be laying out a new sidewalk or walkway and are almost ready to pour concrete.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Family grouping on house porch. Dogs visible in foreground. Back row: George Clyde Nottingham, Lola (his daughter), Bill Sweeney (son-in-law), Roland Nottingham, Grandma Hurd, Emmett Nottingham Middle row: Lou Nottingham Sweeney, Marie (Mrs. Harry) Nottingham, Frances (Mrs. Emmett) Nottingham, Myrtle (Mrs. Clyde) Nottingham, Harry Nottingham Front row: Leota (daughter of Clyde), Winifred, Claire, Willis, "Uncle Ed" Sweeney [Title supplied from...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
George Macdonell holding duckling at left. Terryann Lewis, in back, patting the duckling. Suzann Lewis staring at the camera. Marg Macdonell, at right, holding a very interested General Douglas MacArthur.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ruby Dump (Crye), daughter of Blanche and Victor Dump, standing with Jack Mize and dog at the Dump family ranch, (Isabell Ranch) Pando, Colorado. Ranch buildings in the background. Victor Dump died in 1935 and the family stayed on the ranch for another year before moving to Red Cliff. Frank and Pauline Reynolds Byers took over the Pando ranch and lived there until the Army constructed Camp Hale on the site during WWII. Byers then moved to Dillon,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Theisens: Emma, Juanita, Mrs. Mary Theisen, and Marie. Martin and Mary Theisen were married in Denver in 1891. Juanita was born in 1895; Emma in 1897 and Marie in 1902. In 1904, they moved to Routt County and in 1905 they established their own ranch on Congor Mesa. This photo is labeled 1908 but, from the appearance of the girls, it may have been later. --McCoy Memoirs, p.252 Same as 1992.004B.059, second John Ambos album. Only entered...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Joe Dice on Sally, the mare, at the Half-Way barn up Brush Creek. Rex, the dog, is visible under the horse's belly. Joe, ten years old, rode past the barn on his way to school. The Half-Way barn (at the entrance now in 2007 to Sylvan Park) was a stage stop for the Eagle to Fulford stage line. The barn was long with plenty of room and freight wagons could be parked. The teamsters switched horses here and, if necessary, could sleep in the hay.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Charlie Wolverton, posing for the camera with Dexter. [It is unknown whether the horse or the dog was named Dexter.] Charles was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Wolverton, grandson of M. H. and Clara Waldo.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Two girls and a man on a wagon drawn by a 2-horse team. Dog in foreground. Ping's place in background. "McCollum" written on back of photo. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Albert and Newell Buffehr, from left to right, each holding dogs at the Buffehr ranch. The ranch cabin is in the background. Jacob and Lydia Buffehr, their parents, purchased the ranch at the mouth of Buffehr Creek (which flows from north to south, entering Gore Creek at what is now West Vail) in about 1916. Jacob Buffehr had worked for the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad out of Minturn for fifteen years when he decided to operate a dairy farm. He...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lou Clark (Layman) and dog, Ring (wearing hat), in front of the Clark House, Edwards, Colorado. In the background is the hill across the Eagle River and Wilmor[e] Lake, where the "layers appear to be sideways." -- Lou Layman "Highway signs added sometime in the 1980s or 1990s designate it as 'Wilmore' Lake, but in the 1940s the name came from a 'railroad house'--a small building near the railroad track that probably was used to store equipment that...
Cover Image
20) Jimmies
Format:
Image
Jim Day and Jim Flynn, standing on a bridge with fishing equipment and two dogs. Inscription reads: "Jimmies."