Showing 61 - 80 of 157 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The John J. Ambos homestead and cabin. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Late 1800s, photo is labeled: "Edgar, Curly and I". Minnie Cox is the lady in the photo. No location is given.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking through the first story interior. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Another old cabin on the Black Mountain Ranch that served as a temporary home for people who made all or part of their livelihood doing timber work from 1914 to 1930. Leonard and Maude Hudson spent part of their honeymoon here during the winter of 1919-1920 when Leonard was hauling timber products for Fred Hall. Clyde and Mae Gilbert lived here, while Clyde was working for Dick Webb in 1923 and 1924. It was named the Honeymoon Cabin. The aspens...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Joe Bilda (?) on the upper Beck place near Edwards, early 1900s. Joe is sitting on a sawhorse, with a cabin in the background. There is a tub hanging on the cabin wall.
Cover Image
66) Skyland
Format:
Image
Cabins on the trail to Lake Charles (out of Yeoman Park up Brush Creek). Lloyd's owned Skyland at Lake Charles, a popular destination for fishing. By the 1940s, the cabins had fallen into disrepair and the Forest Service removed them.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Built in 1887 the Quinlan Homestead cabin east of Dotsero is still standing. Elizabeth, Mary and Gertrude were born under its dirt roof. The family only lived here a few years before locating near McCoy." -- McCoy Memoirs p.141 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Henderson family homestead cabin on Squaw Creek. An automobile is parked to the left of the cabin.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sarah Mabel Brown was born in Polk City Iowa July 14, 1877 and her family later moved to Chicago. She was the last Fulford school teacher 1909-1912. She went by Mabel S. Brown. She met surveyor/miner William (Billy) Colerick (1869-1944) in Fulford. She died Oct.1, 1964, age 87 in Los Angeles Ca. She would have been about 80 in the 1957 photo of Mabel's Madhouse. Mabel bought and owned the Fulford cabin in her name alone (1927). The original 1893...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Robin C.[?] pulls Olive Gabelman in an old buggy at Fulford. The photograph is viewing southeast and may be reversed. Photo is dated July 1948.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, the corner of Capitol and Grand (Hwy 6). Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mabel Colerick at the back door of "Mabel's Madhouse" that Dick Turgeon built for her after the 1949 fire. Early 1950's. The temporary "step" nailed on the roof boards indicates that some roof construction was still in progress. -- Rich Perske Aug. 2014
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, front door of the hotel with stairway. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, the Aspen Democrat-times, Oct. 25, 1924, from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Schlegel family standing in front of the cabin on the Piney. Left to right: Phoebe Haney McKinney, Violet Schlegel, Ruth Schlegel, Wesley Schlegel, Phoebe Elvira McKinney Schlegel holding Clarence Schlegel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
July 1965 in Upper Town, Fulford, Colorado. View is NE of cabin.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Judge Lyle named his four guest cabins after Conger Mesa pioneers. This one is the Conger, others are the Theisen, Butler and Ambos." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 251 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing the remnants of a lath-and-plaster wall with door jambs on either side as the interior of the hotel was demolished. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Abandoned cabin [negative found in envelope labeled "Pando"]. The cabin is chinked log with a metal roof. Windows appear to be broken out (window and door frames are painted blue). Snow is banked around the building. [Film scanned to produce digital image January 2009]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken March 8, 2011, showing the removal of the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of...