Showing 1 - 2 of 2 , query time: 0.01s
Taken August 2, 2011, Claude DeGraw with Hwy 6 in the background. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
The Nogal-Ping Hotel at the corner of Capitol Street and Highway 6, showing the cabins added by the Pings. "Otis and Minnie Ping bought the Nogal Hotel in 1923. The Pings expanded the commercial operation by adding two wings out back and several detached motel units. Minnie Ping was an ambitious businesswoman, and Otis was the handyman who did the work. The Pings eventually installed a gas station, featuring a glass-bubble pump. Their son Leonard...