As we move toward opening our doors, we are excited to offer expanded curbside hours of Monday-Friday from 10am to 2pm.
Read more about our expanded curbside pickup.


Showing 1 - 20 of 33 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This sturdy built homestead cabin two miles north east of Volcano was put up by Frank Zupon, a semi-recluse, who made it his home from 1920 to 1936." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.306 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ski tow warming house located across from the tow on the Whittaker Ranch. It was built at the same time the ski tow was put in. Gordon Whittaker had it built; Purley Bertrock may have been the actual builder. The original roof was flatter.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Darrell Barnes and Guy Barnes in the lettuce patch at the Castle homestead. The cabin is visible in the background. "Grass and sage brush were cleared from a large area not far from the cabin and the cleared land was planted to make a lettuce field. Barnes was able to sell the lettuce crop by hauling it to town in a wagon pulled by horses. The lettuce was loaded into a railroad car and shipped to market. It was packed in ice to keep it fresh and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Ester Trudson cabin on the Sigler place, Volcano section of Conger Mesa. The photo was taken in 1973 by John Ambos. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Cabin on former Jack Grimes Ranch on Cottonwood Creek, McCoy, Colo." -- John Ambos' caption [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Side view of the cabin behind the Schlutter house in summer. Visitors stayed here. Porch is on right. Barbed wire fence in foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The ski tow warming house located across from the tow on the Whittaker Ranch. The paint was added in 1989 by Joe Carter. Joe also added a small bathroom. Joe and Mary Ann Carter lived in the cabin for three summers until the ranch was sold.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Buchholz homestead on Buchholz Mesa. Nicholas is at the far left; Mary is wearing a hat and standing near the door. John, Mary Louise and Beulah Buchholz are also in the picture. There are mounted riders at far right and cattle at midground. Buchholz Mesa was sold to E. M. Tabor and Nick and John opened a livery business in Eagle. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The John J. Ambos homestead and cabin. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Judge Lyle named his four guest cabins after Conger Mesa pioneers. This one is the Conger, others are the Theisen, Butler and Ambos." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 251 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Bill Babcock homestead cabin, built in 1912, Yarmony Park. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Monica Barnes, holding deer carcass, with Boyd at left and Darrell at right. The dog is interested. They're at the homestead cabin on Castle. The rules of the homestead act required fence around the property and other improvements. "The fence was built totally by Guy Barnes. Every post hole was dug by hand, every fence post was sawed or chopped from trees on the land and barbed wire (usually four strands) was strung on every fence post. Wooden...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ellis Bearden seated on log and Joe Kikle, standing. The photo was taken by Jim Henderson who wrote the following on the verso: "Joe Kikle, long time resident of Red Cliff, went to school in Gilman, 1921--2--3. Ellis (Bear Cat) Bearden sitting down. I was five (5) and Ellis was six (6) months old when we first met. Raymond was six (6) and that my friend is a long time ago. -- Jim Henderson 10/12/1989"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Bearden cabin with Ellis Bearden's pickup truck parked on the road behind it.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The warming house across from the ski tow on Whittaker Ranch, Bruce Creek. The cabin was used by Mary Ann Whittaker Carter and Joe Carter as a summer home in the 1980s before the ranch sold.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This house was home to Mr. and Mrs. Judd Lyon and their daughter Florence for fifteen years and a number of other families for several years afterwards." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 280 "After the Lyon family left the ranch in Yarmony Park, several different people owned it. Among these later owners were Harry Groh, Roy Sherwood, and Buzz Mugrage. The Lyon ranch was dryland, like many others in the Park, and there was no chance of getting irrigation...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A team of horses (Bill and Tom) pulling a sled of wood in the canyon above Black Mountain Ranch, 1928. Cabins visible in background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The original warming cabin across from the Whittaker Ranch ski tow. Mary Ann and Joe Carter used it as a summer home for three years before the ranch sold. They are sitting on the porch of the cabin in this photo.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Interior of the Howe cabin, restored by Jack Oleson. Jack created the "stove" from actual stove parts and a wooden box. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.