Showing 1 - 6 of 6 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Monica Heeren Barnes holding son, Boyd Barnes, born July 5, 1920. They are in the cabin door on Castle, the original homestead. She was born in 1899 in Whiting, Iowa. She was helping her cousin on a ranch in South Dakota when she met Guy T. Barnes, working as a herdsman. They married and moved to Eagle, Colorado, where Mr. Barnes was employed by Andrew Christiansen. "While living in a cabin owned by Mr. Christainsen, Guy and Monica Barnes began...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's house in Basalt, Colorado. From the Basalt Regional Heritage Society Walking Tour: "Luchsinger Half-Way House. In 1885 Gabe and Julia Sneider Luchsinger arrived in Frying Pan Junction (Basalt). Gabe was an enthusiastic fisherman and along with his brothers Ottomar, Gabriel, Marcus and Jacob, would catach fish and take them in gunny sacks to Aspen to sell. In addition to their fishing, Gabriel and Julia ran a dairy ranch and in 1887...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sarah Mabel Brown was born in Polk City Iowa July 14, 1877 and her family later moved to Chicago. She was the last Fulford school teacher 1909-1912. She went by Mabel S. Brown. She met surveyor/miner William (Billy) Colerick (1869-1944) in Fulford. She died Oct.1, 1964, age 87 in Los Angeles Ca. She would have been about 80 in the 1957 photo of Mabel's Madhouse. Mabel bought and owned the Fulford cabin in her name alone (1927). The original 1893...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Schlegel family standing in front of the cabin on the Piney. Left to right: Phoebe Haney McKinney, Violet Schlegel, Ruth Schlegel, Wesley Schlegel, Phoebe Elvira McKinney Schlegel holding Clarence Schlegel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sarah Mabel Brown was born in Polk City Iowa July 14, 1877 and her family later moved to Chicago. She was the last Fulford school teacher 1909-1912. She went by Mabel S. Brown. She met surveyor/miner William (Billy) Colerick (1869-1944) in Fulford. She died Oct.1, 1964, age 87 in Los Angeles Ca. She would have been about 80 in the 1957 photo of Mabel's Madhouse. Mabel bought and owned the Fulford cabin in her name alone (1927). The original 1893...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The log cabin built by Frank and Lucy Doll in Dotsero and which was moved to Gypsum around 1890. Most likely Lucy and Frank on the porch with large crate and antlers.