Showing 1 - 20 of 60 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This sturdy built homestead cabin two miles north east of Volcano was put up by Frank Zupon, a semi-recluse, who made it his home from 1920 to 1936." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.306 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The remains of John Dubach's cabin in Upper Town of Fulford, Colorado. Photo was taken in July of 1966
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cabin belonging to Charles Fredrick Eichaker at the mineral mill at Cross Creek. The Knight and Beck familes used the cabin at various points in time. "Even had an outhouse"--Angela Beck. [information from Buster Beck] Bill Burnett mentions Charlie Eyacher [sic.] in The Eagle on Battle Mountain at Gilman, Colorado and My Life as I Remember, although Bill locates the cabin at Fall Creek p.7: "Old Charlie had a house on the far side, eastside,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
One of the 13 cabins built by a man from Chicago by the name of Kenner who came to the Burns area each summer in the 1890's. The place was known as "Thirteen." The log cabin has a very ornate window and a sod roof. "Thirteen" was bought by Frank Benton in 1907. Mr. Benton took the windows and built them into his frame house, still on the ranch in Burns. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
MacDonald Knight standing on trailer attached to his jeep. He's looking at lumber in front of an abandoned cabin at Holy Cross City. There are wildflowers in the foreground. "The one picture of Don Knight's jeep shows some boards. Buster [Beck] said there was two piles of boards on this side of Francy Pass. Why & from where he does not know. SInce they are on this side of Fancy Pass he is sure they did not come from the saw mill at Cross Creek."...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Ester Trudson cabin on the Sigler place, Volcano section of Conger Mesa. The photo was taken in 1973 by John Ambos. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Cabin on former Jack Grimes Ranch on Cottonwood Creek, McCoy, Colo." -- John Ambos' caption [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A southeast view of cabins at Fulford. The cabin on the right belonged to Forrest W. Cave, an Eagle County Treasurer. Charles Hemberger's cabin is on the left. (Note that this photograph may be reversed.)
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Clarence and Helen Dubach standing in front of their new cabin. Logs are piled at right. Photo taken September 1965.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cabin originally located at Arrowhead Ski Mountain, located between Hwy 6 and the Eagle River, where the main entrance into Arrowhead is now. It was built by a husband, wife and two boys who came through the Gore Creek Valley in the years 1894-1898. They built 3 or 4 similar cabins. In the 1950s, it was used as a bull shelter by Pete Dodo. Relocated by Steve Ruder to a lot west of Edwards on the Hwy 6 Frontage Road.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jack Williamson's cabin on Rock Creek, snow on the ground. The cabin was built circa 1909 and burned in about 1922. This photo was taken in 1920. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Two-room cabin (on the right) at Bachelor Gulch, originally belonging to the Mertz's. John Howard lived here and built the back room. Everett Howard's garage is on the left. Borth are next to the main house. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Lloyd cabin at Lake Charles viewed through the trees. "In addition to incredible high-mountain scenery, both Lake Charles and Mystic Island Lake offered some great fishing for cutthroat trout. They remain popular destinations for backpackers and hikers. By the late 1940s, the cabins, weathered by high-mountain snows, had fallen into disrepair. The Forest Service dismantled the remaining buildings." -- Early Eagle, by Kathy Heicher p.93
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Built about 1910, this old cabin on the Black Mountain Ranch served as a temporary home for a number of timbermen until 1942. Among them were: Slim Carrington, Fred Schaefermeyer, Shorty Strutzel, Bill Babcock, Al Kearney, Leonard and Maude Hudson, the Herman Bowles family and several others." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 249 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Abandoned cabins of Holy Cross City in the foreground, mountains in background. [photo damaged with ink]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Another old cabin on the Black Mountain Ranch that served as a temporary home for people who made all or part of their livelihood doing timber work from 1914 to 1930. Leonard and Maude Hudson spent part of their honeymoon here during the winter of 1919-1920 when Leonard was hauling timber products for Fred Hall. Clyde and Mae Gilbert lived here, while Clyde was working for Dick Webb in 1923 and 1924. It was named the Honeymoon Cabin. The aspens...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Joe Bilda (?) on the upper Beck place near Edwards, early 1900s. Joe is sitting on a sawhorse, with a cabin in the background. There is a tub hanging on the cabin wall.
Cover Image
19) Skyland
Format:
Image
Cabins on the trail to Lake Charles (out of Yeoman Park up Brush Creek). Lloyd's owned Skyland at Lake Charles, a popular destination for fishing. By the 1940s, the cabins had fallen into disrepair and the Forest Service removed them.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Built in 1887 the Quinlan Homestead cabin east of Dotsero is still standing. Elizabeth, Mary and Gertrude were born under its dirt roof. The family only lived here a few years before locating near McCoy." -- McCoy Memoirs p.141 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]