Showing 41 - 60 of 60 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
July 1957: Clarence's Dubach's "spread" in Triangle Park, Fulford, Colorado. Many buildings and barns are visible, including a car, yellow/orange truck on the right side of the photograph, wood piles, and fencelines. View NE.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Doc" Warren Jacobson and Lislotte Anderson Jacobson standing in front of one of six homesteads on the Jacobson Ranch. This cabin was built by Ada Slusser, sister of Lucy Ellen Slusser Doll (married Frank Doll), in 1890. It was called the honeymoon cabin because, according to the late Myrtie Stephens, the girls from Sweetwater used to go there on their honeymoons (the Stephens girls, as well as others in the community). It is one of six homesteads...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Last of the homesteader's cabins, northwest side of Castle Peak, taken in 1988.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mabel Colerick bought and owned the Fulford cabin in her name alone (1927). The original 1893 cabin burned in 1949 and was rebuilt as Mabel's Madhouse in the early 1950s by Dick Turgeon. That was the cabin Harvey Ickes inherited (we are not sure how). The 1972 photo of me, Mike, and Harvey Ickes [Easter Sunday] shows the west side of the former Colerick cabin in deep snow. The Ickes family still has the Mabel's Madhouse sign. -- Rich Perske,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The log cabin built by Frank and Lucy Doll in Dotsero and which was moved to Gypsum around 1890. Most likely Lucy and Frank on the porch with large crate and antlers.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Mabel Colerick bought and owned the Fulford cabin in her name alone (1927). The original 1893 cabin burned in 1949 and was rebuilt as Mabel's Madhouse in the early 1950s by Dick Turgeon. That was the cabin Harvey Ickes inherited (we are not sure how). This photo shows Mabel Colerick (71), Olive Gabelman, and an unidentified visiting couple at the front (north side) of the 1893 era log cabin -- Rich Perske, 2014
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jack Elliott (L)and Richard DaLee (R) (grandson and son of Gilbert DaLee) standing in the rain in front of the first house in Red Cliff built by Gilbert DaLee and William Greiner. Deer carcasses from hunting are piled on a sawhorse and a dog is in the left foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
From "History of Eagle County". 1940s-- "The first cabin built in Red Cliff by Wm. [William] Greiner and G.J. (George) DaLee in 1879. This cabin is still standing and occupied by Jack Elliott".
Cover Image
49) Cabin
Format:
Image
The cabin behind the Reno Cafe & bar, 127 Water St., in Red Cliff, with doors opened. This cabin was used as the first school in Red Cliff in 1880. Since then, it has been used as a residence [Jack Ages] and as a garage. [photo taken oct. 17, 2014, by Angela Beck]
Cover Image
50) Cabin
Format:
Image
The cabin behind the Reno Cafe & bar, 127 Water St., in Red Cliff. This cabin was used as the first school in Red Cliff in 1880. Since then, it has been used as a residence [Jack Ages] and as a garage. [photo taken oct. 17, 2014, by Angela Beck]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Walter Hyde cabin at Gold Park, which is up Homestake Creek, south of Gilman. Walter was born on September 4, 1872, in Fairplay, Colo. In the early 1880s, the Hyde family settled at the mouth of Lake Creek. Water was a prospector and was a miner in Utah for many years. In the 1930s, he lived in Gold Park, mining in that region. When his health deteriorated, he spent most of his time in Red Cliff. He died in Denver in 1942. His sisters were Laura...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The restored Wohlgehagen cabin, while titled the "stage stop" by Diamond S ranch residents, was very likely not the actual stage stop on Bellyache. Rather, this is Anna Wohlgehagen's homestead cabin that has been re-built and re-located. According to Jack Oleson, the real stage stop was likely located at the head of Squaw Creek and was not salvageable. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Iron frame beds and quilts in the restored Lionedes Howe homestead cabin on the Diamond S Ranch. Wood and leather trunks are at the foot of the beds. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Brothers Jack (L) and George (R) Elliott posing with deer after hunting. The deer are laid out across a saw horse, figles leaning again the carcasses. A dog is in the foreground. The cabin in the background is the first log cabin built in Red Cliff. William Greiner and Gilbert DaLee built it in approximately 1876. Jack would have been 19 years old and George would have been 17 years old in this photo.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"In 1906 John Ambos filed on a reservoir site on what isnow a part of the Black Mountain Ranch and a year later built this cabin to camp in while the dam was under construction. Built for temporary use at an elevation 8,500 feet where four feet of snow is nothing unusual, the little 8'x12' cabin is still standing...." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 240. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Ambos homestead cabin and Ambos Reservoir. "In 1906 John Ambos filed on a reservoir site on what is now a part of the Black Mountain Ranch and a year later built this cabin to camp in while the dam was under construction. Built for temporary use at an elevation of 8,500 feet where four feet of snow is nothing unusual, the little 8' x 12' cabin" was still standing in 1977. --McCoy Memoirs p.240 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The John Ambos homestead cabin, built in 1903. This photo, taken in 1909, shows Fritz Arendt who was batching in it, his dogs and an assortment of firearms. Fritz, an early day ranch hand, hunter, trapper, Game Warden and poacher left the McCoy area for Utah about 1911 and never returned. The cabin was demolished in 1912 and the salvaged material used for other purposes." --McCoy Memoirs, p. 238 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of Sadie Beck and Dessie Tomlin Beck hugging in front of a log cabin, probably at Monarch, Colorado.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Darrell, Guy and Boyd Barnes, standing at the doorway of the large cabin at Four Mile (four miles up Eby Creek, toward Castle). The smaller cabin ..."was built from aspen wood logs and was really small. The roof on this cabin was made of dirt and the family garden was grown on the roof of the little cabin. Phyllis Barnes [Johnson] was born in this cabin one year pretty close to Christmas. ... Guy Barnes cleared more land and built a much larger...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cabin belonging to the Tetreault family of Red Cliff. This photo was taken on Oct. 26, 2010. Frank "Frenchy" Tetrault was married to Agnes. They had a son, John, and a daughter, Sue. "Both men were rather small, wiry guys and good workers. Frenchy worked for years as the haulage man for the town of Gilman; the company had a team of horses, a wagon and a sled and he hauled anything he was asked to. In later years, he lived at Bell's Camp and gouged...