Showing 21 - 39 of 39 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking through the first story interior. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, the corner of Capitol and Grand (Hwy 6). Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, front door of the hotel with stairway. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, the Aspen Democrat-times, Oct. 25, 1924, from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing the remnants of a lath-and-plaster wall with door jambs on either side as the interior of the hotel was demolished. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken March 8, 2011, showing the removal of the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, debris from hotel deconstruction is on the ground. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Nogal-Ping Hotel at the corner of Capitol Street and Highway 6, showing the cabins added by the Pings. "Otis and Minnie Ping bought the Nogal Hotel in 1923. The Pings expanded the commercial operation by adding two wings out back and several detached motel units. Minnie Ping was an ambitious businesswoman, and Otis was the handyman who did the work. The Pings eventually installed a gas station, featuring a glass-bubble pump. Their son Leonard...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first permanent hotel, boasting 13 rooms...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first permanent hotel, boasting 13 rooms...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking into the ground floor of the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, only the stairway. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first permanent hotel, boasting 13 rooms...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing an interior wall and wallpaper. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first permanent hotel, boasting 13 rooms...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, stairway. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first permanent...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing removal of the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Highway 6 is in the background. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, the second story of the hotel is gone and work is centering on the first story. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the...
Cover Image
39) Cabins
Format:
Image
"10 1953." Row of brown cabins on U.S. Hwy 6 (in foreground). [Perhaps "We Ask You Inn," or perhaps Eagle-Vail.]