Showing 1 - 20 of 72 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This sturdy built homestead cabin two miles north east of Volcano was put up by Frank Zupon, a semi-recluse, who made it his home from 1920 to 1936." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.306 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's house in Basalt, Colorado. From the Basalt Regional Heritage Society Walking Tour: "Luchsinger Half-Way House. In 1885 Gabe and Julia Sneider Luchsinger arrived in Frying Pan Junction (Basalt). Gabe was an enthusiastic fisherman and along with his brothers Ottomar, Gabriel, Marcus and Jacob, would catach fish and take them in gunny sacks to Aspen to sell. In addition to their fishing, Gabriel and Julia ran a dairy ranch and in 1887...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Buffington cabin, Brush Creek, 1979, showing log structure with planed wood roofing. The Buffington and Newquist families were neighbors.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cabin belonging to Charles Fredrick Eichaker at the mineral mill at Cross Creek. The Knight and Beck familes used the cabin at various points in time. "Even had an outhouse"--Angela Beck. [information from Buster Beck] Bill Burnett mentions Charlie Eyacher [sic.] in The Eagle on Battle Mountain at Gilman, Colorado and My Life as I Remember, although Bill locates the cabin at Fall Creek p.7: "Old Charlie had a house on the far side, eastside,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Virgil Newquist and Herman Newquist (on right) standing in front of a Herman's jeep at the Watkins cabin, Brush Creek, 1979. Herman was Virgil's older brother.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
One of the 13 cabins built by a man from Chicago by the name of Kenner who came to the Burns area each summer in the 1890's. The place was known as "Thirteen." The log cabin has a very ornate window and a sod roof. "Thirteen" was bought by Frank Benton in 1907. Mr. Benton took the windows and built them into his frame house, still on the ranch in Burns. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Camping scene at Deep Lake cabins in 1905. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Detail of the joinery, chinking and window/door frame construction in an abandoned cabin [negative found in envelope labeled "Pando."]. Woodwork around door and window frames is painted blue. [Film scanned to produce digital image January 2009]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
MacDonald Knight standing on trailer attached to his jeep. He's looking at lumber in front of an abandoned cabin at Holy Cross City. There are wildflowers in the foreground. "The one picture of Don Knight's jeep shows some boards. Buster [Beck] said there was two piles of boards on this side of Francy Pass. Why & from where he does not know. SInce they are on this side of Fancy Pass he is sure they did not come from the saw mill at Cross Creek."...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Ester Trudson cabin on the Sigler place, Volcano section of Conger Mesa. The photo was taken in 1973 by John Ambos. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Peggy Whittaker and Eileen Randall outside a cabin at Brush Creek.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Cabin on former Jack Grimes Ranch on Cottonwood Creek, McCoy, Colo." -- John Ambos' caption [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Front view of the Newquist Family cabin. Log construction with roof collapsing. Sagebrush surrounding the site. A spring was located on the slope below the cabin; water was hauled up to the cabin routinely.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken from the hill above the Newquist Family log cabin, the deterioration of the roof structure and back wall is clearly visible. Additional structure visible in left background is a root cellar.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Haber cabins built in 1939 at Copper Spur.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cabin originally located at Arrowhead Ski Mountain, located between Hwy 6 and the Eagle River, where the main entrance into Arrowhead is now. It was built by a husband, wife and two boys who came through the Gore Creek Valley in the years 1894-1898. They built 3 or 4 similar cabins. In the 1950s, it was used as a bull shelter by Pete Dodo. Relocated by Steve Ruder to a lot west of Edwards on the Hwy 6 Frontage Road.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jack Williamson's cabin on Rock Creek, snow on the ground. The cabin was built circa 1909 and burned in about 1922. This photo was taken in 1920. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Two-room cabin (on the right) at Bachelor Gulch, originally belonging to the Mertz's. John Howard lived here and built the back room. Everett Howard's garage is on the left. Borth are next to the main house. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Lloyd cabin at Lake Charles viewed through the trees. "In addition to incredible high-mountain scenery, both Lake Charles and Mystic Island Lake offered some great fishing for cutthroat trout. They remain popular destinations for backpackers and hikers. By the late 1940s, the cabins, weathered by high-mountain snows, had fallen into disrepair. The Forest Service dismantled the remaining buildings." -- Early Eagle, by Kathy Heicher p.93