Showing 1 - 20 of 308 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking into the cellar of the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, patent mark on the back of the linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing Claude DeGraw removing the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Highway 6 is in the background. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Front view of the Fleming Lumber & Merc. Co., Red Cliff, CO, showing front door and boardwalk. Date in lower right corner: 1/7/1926. R. E. "Eddie" Tippett on left in doorway; Malcolm McLeod on right in doorway. John Fleming on Tippett's right. The children are Blanche, Bernice and Richard Tippett. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, the second story removal of the hotel almost complete. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, newspaper and linoleum debris from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking through the front door of the hotel onto Capitol Street. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken March 8, 2011, showing the detail of one of the cabins next to the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Warren's last lumber mill up Wearyman Creek on Flemings' patent (timber claim).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Glenwood Hot Springs pool and bath house in the 1920s, located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. There ar several bathers and some walkers. The manufacture date of the postcard is during the zip code era, postdating the photo by many years.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Fleming's Saw Mill under construction [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Wilson Appliance Store on Broadway in Eagle. The Serv-U-Shop, owned by Fanny Morgan, is at the left of Wilson's. To the right is Billy Morgan's Pool Hall
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A view of the lettuce sheds at Allenton taken from the south side of the Eagle River in 1932 near Edwards, Colorado. Railroad facilities in the background.
Cover Image
16) Fishing
Format:
Image
Fishing at Lucky G.J. Ranch. Margaret Smith, Edith Eidem, and Delia Bridget O'Callaghan, three WW II ex-Wacs, bought the Ranch in February 1947 from Mr. and Mrs. Carl Stewart. They operated the 300-acre ranch as a dude ranch. There was a thirty-two room ranch house that they cleaned up and then they added cabins and worked fields. Gene Godat worked as their hunting guide for tourists. Gene and Fawntella Godat owned the Hilltop Dude Ranch in Sweetwater...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Joe Fear helping a customer at his Conoco Station in Vail, Colorado.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's house in Basalt, Colorado. From the Basalt Regional Heritage Society Walking Tour: "Luchsinger Half-Way House. In 1885 Gabe and Julia Sneider Luchsinger arrived in Frying Pan Junction (Basalt). Gabe was an enthusiastic fisherman and along with his brothers Ottomar, Gabriel, Marcus and Jacob, would catach fish and take them in gunny sacks to Aspen to sell. In addition to their fishing, Gabriel and Julia ran a dairy ranch and in 1887...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lewis Building at 246 Broadway in Eagle. Built in 1912 by the Dice brothers, the First National Bank of Eagle occupied the single story part of the building. The first floor of the two-story section was the Hugus Mercantile Store until the Lewis family took it over as a very successful general store. After that business closed in 1975, the bank took over the first floor. On the second floor was the Masonic Hall and movie theatre.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, newspaper found in the hotel, featuring the Washington Nationals [1924]. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner...