Showing 1 - 20 of 1668 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership of the structure in 1989. Members were remodeling the structure to convert it into a parish hall. "Last week's fire destoyed 88 years of history in downtown...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership of the structure in 1989. Members were remodeling the structure to convert it into a parish hall. "Last week's fire destoyed 88 years of history in downtown...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking into the cellar of the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, patent mark on the back of the linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing Claude DeGraw removing the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Highway 6 is in the background. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Pastor Jim Berggren painting the cross on the steeple at the First Evangelical Lutheran Church, Gypsum. The painting was done on October 3, 1988, in anticipation of the centennial celebration of the Church on October 8, 1988.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Returning to Gilman for a tour on July 26, 1997. The entrance to the Garnett family's basement,
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The congregation of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Gypsum in front of the church on October 8, 1988, the centennial celebration.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Colorado's big game season has been postponed a week, and ... will open Oct. 24 on the Western Slope and run thru Nov. 9. Postponement was at the request of federal and state land use agencies, who state the fire hazard is more acute this year than last year, and at an extremely high point." -- Eagle Valley Enterprise Oct. 8, 1953 p.1 The line of hunters trying to get elk licenses validated stretched for quite a way in front of the Eagle County...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Front view of the Fleming Lumber & Merc. Co., Red Cliff, CO, showing front door and boardwalk. Date in lower right corner: 1/7/1926. R. E. "Eddie" Tippett on left in doorway; Malcolm McLeod on right in doorway. John Fleming on Tippett's right. The children are Blanche, Bernice and Richard Tippett. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Caption: "All the kids at Holy Cross City. Lionel's [Azoulay] house in background. Mica. Summer 1949" The Knight-Azoulay children playing on a boulder near the Azoulay house in Holy Cross City.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ruby Dump (Crye), daughter of Blanche and Victor Dump, standing in the snow at the family ranch, Pando, Colorado. Victor Dump died in 1935 and the family stayed on the ranch for another year before moving to Red Cliff. Frank and Pauline Reynolds Byers took over the Pando ranch and lived there until the Army constructed Camp Hale on the site during WWII. Byers then moved to Dillon, Colorado, and ranched there for many years. -- Ruby Crye, Aug. 2010...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"This sturdy built homestead cabin two miles north east of Volcano was put up by Frank Zupon, a semi-recluse, who made it his home from 1920 to 1936." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.306 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"After the abandonment of the Pioneer Cottonwood school in 1911, another schoolhouse of log construction was built on Antelope Creek a mile or so west of Cottonwood. Ed Robinson donated the land and Arthur Panting, Phil Maxwell and Perry Ault donated the labor with an assist from Tom Wohler. Ault and Maxwell cut the logs for the building on King Mountain, but Panting, who was to do the skidding, had the misfortune to break a leg while doing that,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Sanborn photo postcard [W-1116] looking south down Broadway St., Eagle, Colorado, showing downtown buildings. Highway 40 sign in intersection. Texaco station on left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, the second story removal of the hotel almost complete. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The right half of a panoramic view of Eagle (3 dates listed: 1908, 1920, 1930). Eagle River in foreground; train tracks and depot in midground. Brush Creek in right background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]