Showing 1 - 20 of 403 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's house in Basalt, Colorado. From the Basalt Regional Heritage Society Walking Tour: "Luchsinger Half-Way House. In 1885 Gabe and Julia Sneider Luchsinger arrived in Frying Pan Junction (Basalt). Gabe was an enthusiastic fisherman and along with his brothers Ottomar, Gabriel, Marcus and Jacob, would catach fish and take them in gunny sacks to Aspen to sell. In addition to their fishing, Gabriel and Julia ran a dairy ranch and in 1887...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's boarding house on 2d Street in Basalt.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
I.O.O.F. Picnic, 1937, Basalt, Colorado. Picnic basket, fiddle, accordion and banjo are visible. 1st row: Joseph Cerise, Clement Cerise, Albert Cerise, Eugene Chatrian, Laurie Usel, Jess Bogue, Leo Grange, John Cerise with Alvin and Anita. 2d row: Willis Kissee, Gus Hotz, Stanley Usel, Art Natal, Dorothy and Betty Marie Hubbard, Patsy, Mardelle, Lawrence and Dorothy Lucksinger, Ella Cerise, Eddie Grange, 4 unidentified children, Aleda Cerise, Anna...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1930s: The confluence of the Frying Pan and the Roaring Fork Rivers near Basalt, Colorado. There are two people standing in the right foreground and a bridge in the background with houses behind it. Some snow on the ground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
John Theodore Bureman (Johan Teodor Bjurman), far left, front row, with his family before he left Kyrkbyn 19, Alfta, Halsingland (Gavleborg) Sweden. Father, Erik Johan Bjurman is at center front, holding the youngest child. John left from Goteborg on 2 Nov. 1888 with a destination for Clay Center, Kansas. His uncle, Karl Gustave "Gus" Bureman, had emigrated before him and lived at Clay Center. John Lived at Girard, Crawford, Kansas, for six years...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1938: New school building in Basalt showing front of brick building, gymnasium in back, with flagpole. Unidentified person standing in doorway. Snow on hills in background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
J-L Ranch dwelling in Basalt in 1960. Two unidentified girls standing in foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1939?: Railroad "Y," Highway No. 104, near Basalt. The highway has been surfaced; some snow on the ground. Several buildings in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The "old hotel" in Basalt, which became a C.C.C. Camp in the 1930s. It was located between the railroad water tank and the railroad depot on main street (Railroad Avenue).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A view of the old Colorado Midland Depot, Main Street, Basalt, used as a garage and information bureau. Snow on roof and ground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1900s: Old rooming house and restaurant, Basalt, Colorado, next to Conoco station with gas pumps. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1930-1940: Using a Mormon Derrick to lift hay onto a rick. Horse team in midground; farmer standing on hayrick. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Miss Margaret Donegan, primary department, Basalt, Colorado, School District No. Jt.1. She is on a swing with students watching behind her.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1930s: Front view of six coke ovens showing doors. Snow on the ground. "Frying Pan Town got its start through Charcoal Industry. There was a demand for charcoal at the Wheeler Smelter at Aspen. To supply this demand, ten charcoal kilns were constructed at the foot of Red Hill on the outskirts of the town near the timber. They are still standing but are being used for granary and machine shops by the owner. The pinion wood from which the charcoal...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Primary school children in Basalt School District No. 15, 19 pupils.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
pre-1940: Forest Ranger's Office, rock foundation, log construction, Basalt, Colorado. Additional logs from construction in right foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Studio portrait of Elbert H. Gray, Anna E. Gillespie Gray, and their sons, Ernest T. and Harold Gray.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1930s: View of Basalt, looking to the south. Some snow on the ground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Old railroad bridge to Emma on the Roaring Fork River (the crossing divides Eagle and Pitkin counties). The bridge has been converted for automobile use. Snow on ground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"At long last a lot was bought, the gift of a 3-room house was accepted, moved and renovated, and became St. Vincent's Church. It was dedicated by Bishop Tihen of Denver, assisted by the Rev. J. P. Corrigan of Glenwood Springs in June 1924. ... The building was originally a house owned and given by Mrs. Anna Murmann Hyrup, and was moved onto a lot which also belonged to Mrs. Hyrup. Father Corrigan obtained the bell from the Church in Glenwood Springs...