Showing 1 - 20 of 145 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Chambers Ranch with houses, outbuildings and barn. The barn was moved to its present site at the Eagle Visitor Center in 1986 and donated to the Eagle County Historical Society. The Eagle River is in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Labeled September 10, 1916. "The Pershing Fair and Rodeo held on Conger Mesa in the fall of 1916 and 1917 was intended to be an annual event until World War One interrupted the plan, so it was only held those two years. The building on the right is a part of the Conger Mesa school barn which was built from logs taken from the old Conger Cabin." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 221 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
C.1900: "The Big Barn," Doll Brothers Ranch, Gypsum Valley. Barn had 3 full stories, running water and electricity. Could stable 250 horses individually. Winter view with snow on ground. Fencing in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1900s: Town of McCoy with rodeo grounds on the left and hospital in right foreground. The hospital was later used as a community building. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"An early day barn on the Wash Holland ranch at Wolcott, Colorado." -- McCoy Memoirs p.332 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Gulling Offerson loading hay into barn on bench above Beaver Creek. A two horse team, left foreground, is being used while a team of mules is visible in the left background. The mules are pulling the cables that are lifting the load of hay to the top of the stack. The view is looking east with the Avon "gypsum cliffs" to the left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the town of Eagle, Colorado, looking south, up Brush Creek from across the valley. The railroad bridge is in the mid-ground. Broadway is the large, wide street in the center of the photo, running north to south. Ross Chamber's dairy farm is in the lower right hand corner (where the I-70 interchange is now located). [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"A 1941 photo of Leon Kirby and his six sons, Kenneth, Howard, Harold, Ronald, Ferris and Keith." -- McCoy Memoirs p.187 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Hay barn on west side of Beaver Creek at the Wiltshire (Eaton) Place. One of the Eaton men is drinking from the stream by balancing on his stomach on a rock . [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Two riders on horseback facing the camera. Barn in background and dogs in left midground. Inscription on photo: "Don't U think our horses nice?" [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Gulling Offerson* with superimposed potatoes, one in wheelbarrow. Caption reads: "Harvesting potatoes. Avon, Colo. 1902." View of Beaver Creek Valley in background. Howard barn and old house visible on right (east) side of Beaver Creek (apparently the gable of the north/south wing of the Howard/Offerson house). Used in Beaver Creek: the first one hundred years, by June Simonton. *verifed by Bill Christensen, great nephew of Gulling Offerson [Title...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"M. H. [Martin H.] and Clara Waldo came to Brush Creek around 1902 and ranched across the creek from the Shryacks until 1917, when they retired in California. Tom Carlin bought the ranch, and subsequent owners were Hans and Thelma Larsen and Glenn and Denzel Norman." -- [History of Brush Creek p.26] The Waldo's had one daughter who married Ralph Wolverton. This couple had a son, Charles Wolverton.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Branding crew is brnading cattle on the Charley McCoy Ranch, 1908. Cattle are guided into the chute for control, branded and released. Two children on horseback observe at far right. Barn in right background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn on the Crawford place, built in 1913, in El Jebel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Students of the Avon School, posed on the grass in front of the school barn (fences visible). They are laying on their stomachs in a row, upraised on elbows, facing the camera. A woman stands behind them on the right. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Schoolchildren standing in front of the Avon School. School barn is in the right background. Jimmy Holden is in front. Virgie Howard is on far left. Maybelle Robertson is in front of Virgie. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]