Showing 141 - 154 of 154 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Bailey Family log cabin with cows standing on the roof. Shovel is leaning up against the rock chimney.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Helen Dice holding reins of horse, standing next to Joe Dice, mounted on horse. Barn in left background, wagon in right background. Shryack Place, Brush Creek, Colorado.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Eagle County Historical Society volunteers, Marion Laughlin (left) and Earlene Bronn, stand by the historic Diamond S barn, which contains Jack Oleson's private museum. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Second floor of the historic Diamond S barn, which contains Jack Oleson's private museum. This barn shows up in photos of the ranch that date back to 1911-1912. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Verso: "feed ground along the river. 'Calf houses' Glen built"
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of ”The Big Barn,” Doll Brothers Ranch, Gypsum Valley. Barn had 3 full stories, running water and electricity and could stable 250 horses individually. Fencing in foreground.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Koprinikar [Koprivnikar] ranch east of Wolcott, with barn and Mormon stacker. The ranch is now the Eagle Springs Golf Club at Wolcott. The barn has been incorporated into the course.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tom Collins' barn on Water Street, October 2012. Part of the roof caved in several years before this photo. "Thomas E. Collins was born Oct. 23, 1893 at Bells Camp, near Red Cliff to James and Charlotta Collins. He grew to manhood in Red Cliff and was an employee of the Empire Zinc Co. ... Aug. 20, 1919, Mr. Collins and Mrs. Fannie E. Law were married and made their home in Red Cliff." -- Eagle Valley Enterprise Dec. 20, 1956 p.1
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Avon as viewed from the "Gypsum Cliffs." Two engines of a train putting off lots of smoke in midground. Emmett Nottingham place is at lower right. Harry Nottingham place is above the smoke at Buck Creek. Original Avon Store is 100 feet west of Avon Road. Above the smoke plume are the buildings on the Nottingham Ranch. Below the railroad tracks, the Avon Road and bridge across the Eagle River are visible through the treeline. At the bottom left,...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lillian Eaton and Gladys Hall, a friend from Denver, at McCoy Creek Ranch. They are wearing overalls and hats, posed with rifles and game birds in front of a log barn. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Charles Eaton with horse standing in front of log barn at the McCoy Creek Ranch. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Sheep sheds on the Jack Terry place on East Lake Creek, approximately 1920. East Lake Creek has been 'developed' since sheep shed days." -- Esther Klatt
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Eleanor, John and Jack [Alonzo] Hudson at their home on Trail Creek, ten miles northeast of McCoy in 1901." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 282 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Now the Black Mountain Ranch, this was formerly the Helene Johannbroer Homestead as it looked when Katherine Johannbroer Butler inherited it from her mother in 1912. The building in the upper left hand corner was built by Ralph McClochlin about 1900, but served as a homestead cabin for Helene." -- McCoy Memoirs p.267 Kate Butler sold her ranch in 1920 to John Ambos, Jr., and the Butlers moved to Steamboat Springs. [Title supplied from catalog...