Showing 1 - 20 of 36 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Grant Deeble and Joe Dice standing next to horses in front of the bunk house at the Schlutter Place. Flat bed wagon is on the right, hay wagon is at left foreground. Taken during hunting season.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Storage building on the Brett Ranch, mouth of Lake Creek, Edwards. Scrap lumber at left of building. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Horn ranch house on Rock Creek, two and one half miles above McCoy, as it was in 1917. Homesteaders Alvin Hart and Rooks built the cabin with the fireplace, the rest was added on by the Horns. The low building on the right was the kitchen, the two story addition had two bedrooms upstairs and the ground floor was the living room, the fireplace room served as a bunkhouse for ranch hands. Shortly after Arthur Horn's death, Mrs. Horn had that...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"An early day barn on the Wash Holland ranch at Wolcott, Colorado." -- McCoy Memoirs p.332 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Fred Dice holding milk bucket. Faye Dice has her right arm wrapped around her father's neck. Marie Deeble is standing to Fred's right. Dog in right foreground. Bunk house in background (Schlutter Place, Brush Creek).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"M. H. [Martin H.] and Clara Waldo came to Brush Creek around 1902 and ranched across the creek from the Shryacks until 1917, when they retired in California. Tom Carlin bought the ranch, and subsequent owners were Hans and Thelma Larsen and Glenn and Denzel Norman." -- [History of Brush Creek p.26] The Waldo's had one daughter who married Ralph Wolverton. This couple had a son, Charles Wolverton.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn on the Crawford place, built in 1913, in El Jebel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Sheephorn ranch, Eagle Co Colo." Photo postcard showing ranch house, outhouse and barn in background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bert Yandell and his dog, Pal, across the valley from Squaw Creek. Bert is carrying books and a lunch pail in his left arm. Ranch buildings are in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Vernon Mann and Carl Eaton, left to right, seated on horses at the Wiltshire Place. Wagon and cart behind the riders, in addition to log out-buildings. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ellis "Bearcat" Bearden, rancher in the Squaw Creek Valley until his death in 1993. "The equestrian center at Cordillera bears his name and is located on the land his family homesteaded when Bearcat was just a toddler. The humble log buildings the family used as their ranching headquarters still stand, and are targeted for preservation by the Cordillera Preservation Foundation. Bearcat Springs, a small tributary to Squaw Creek, also carries his...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Milk shed on the Crawford place, built in 1910, in El Jebel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Tom Wohler standing in front of his barn in 1912. The Wohler ranch had a first class set of ranch buildings and fences that Tom kept in good repair until a year or so before he passed away." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 131 "Fritz, Tom and Sarah Wohler came to Colorado from Pennsylvania in 1876 and settled at Leadville for 18 years. Tom was shift boss at the Johnny Mine and Sarah had a dress shop. They were married in Leadville in 1883. In 1895 Tom and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jake Stull barn on the Colorado River Road, built in 1905.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The horse barn on the Charles B. McCoy ranch, photographed in 1970 by John Ambos. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The William Johnson Ranch, formerly the Anthony Sneve Ranch on West Brush Creek. The patent on the ranch was established in 1911. The ranch was purchased by Edna Chambers in 1935. Chambers in turn sold the property to William S. and Nora Johnson in 1938. It is now the site for Sylvan Lake State Park. [A History of Sylvan Lake State Park, by Kathy Heicher]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn on the Albert-Grange place built in 1912, rural El Jebel. The building has fallen down.