Showing 1 - 5 of 5 , query time: 0.58s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A barn on the C. F. Lloyd Ranch. Lettering on the barn roof says, "Jones 'diamond' J Ranch," as the ranch was part owned or operated by a step-son, Wayne Jones. Fencing and scrap lumber is in the left foreground. (Wayne T. Jones was an Eagle County Commissioner in the early 1940s.) [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Chicago businessman Clyde Lloyd purchased the Sherman Brothers Ranch (east of town) in 1922. He and his stepson Wayne T. Jones called the operation 'Red Mountain Ranch' and were known for annually hosting one of the largest Hereford sales in the state. Clyde's brother and sister-in-law, Carl and Ella, were the caretakers for the ranch. Located about 4 miles east of Eagle, the property featured a magnificent ranch house (which burned to the ground...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the C. F. Lloyd Ranch. The Eagle River is at midfield, in front of the ranch buildings. C. F. Lloyd is written on the barn roof. ”Chicago businessman Clyde Lloyd purchased the Sherman Brothers Ranch (east of town) in 1922. He and his stepson Wayne T. Jones called the operation ’Red Mountain Ranch’ and were known for annually hosting one of the largest Hereford sales in the state. Clyde’s brother and sister-in-law, Carl and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Eagle County Historical Society volunteers, Marion Laughlin (left) and Earlene Bronn, stand by the historic Diamond S barn, which contains Jack Oleson's private museum. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Second floor of the historic Diamond S barn, which contains Jack Oleson's private museum. This barn shows up in photos of the ranch that date back to 1911-1912. A tour of the ranch was conducted by the Eagle County Historical Society and the Diamond S Ranch on October 5, 2013.