The library is delighted to offer a curbside pickup service for our physical materials while we are closed.
Read more about curbside pickup.


Showing 1 - 20 of 24 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Equipment and household goods auction on April 17, 1965. Charley and Josephine Ray sold the former Schrupp ranch to Raymond Horn, making him one of the largest land owners in the area. Photo on p. 226 of McCoy Memoirs. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Wiltshire (Eaton) place, with the house built by Anthony Smith (confirmed as his residence by Marie Mayne). House is in midground with barn and outbuildings in the left background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Students of the Avon School, posed on the grass in front of the school barn (fences visible). They are laying on their stomachs in a row, upraised on elbows, facing the camera. A woman stands behind them on the right. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The old Dice place up west Brush Creek. Barn, house and outbuildings are visible from the road through the fenceline. Road is not paved. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A barn on the C. F. Lloyd Ranch. Lettering on the barn roof says, "Jones 'diamond' J Ranch," as the ranch was part owned or operated by a step-son, Wayne Jones. Fencing and scrap lumber is in the left foreground. (Wayne T. Jones was an Eagle County Commissioner in the early 1940s.) [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Three cowboys in a corral at the Lloyd Ranch, working horses. Hay rick in the background
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Payton Family homestead in Minturn. Lionhead rock is at far upper right. Railroad tracks are visible behind the treeline. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The ranch buildings on what later became the Black Mountain Ranch. When this picture was taken in 1935 [photo has both 1934 and 1936 written on it], it was a working ranch (with emphasis on work) and had about fifty acres under cultivation, the balance of the 1,100 acres was pasture and timberland. Pioneers named the hill in the background Sawmill Mountain. Until 1915 the hill was a paradise for grouse and to see fifty or sixty in a flock was...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The William Johnson Ranch, formerly the Anthony Sneve Ranch on West Brush Creek. The patent on the ranch was established in 1911. The ranch was purchased by Edna Chambers in 1935. Chambers in turn sold the property to William S. and Nora Johnson in 1938. It is now the site for Sylvan Lake State Park. [A History of Sylvan Lake State Park, by Kathy Heicher]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn and fencing near the old farmstead once owned by Gulling Offerson. Unpaved road with visible rocks in foreground. Buck Creek is in the background and Swift Gulch is at far right. The site is just up the hill from the Avon general store. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Formerly Dan Koprinikar's home in Edwards, suspected to be the pre-1898 residence of the John Howard family. Woman and girl in front of house may be Mrs. Howard and Ethel. Bicycle on porch. Hay stacks in background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Red Barn" built on the Doll Brothers' Ranch in Gypsum Valley about 1890. It is still standing and in use today (1982) by Chuck Albertson. View showing two barn structures connected by roof line with fences in the foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The McCoy lane looking west. This 1912 photo [says 1911 on verso of photo] shows the front part of the Hotel on the left, [on the right] the blacksmith shop, the big red barn and the front of the old log barn and beyond it, the bridge across Rock Creek. The big barn, approximately fifty by sixty feet in size, was of frame construction and built by C. H. McCoy in 1902. It had stalls for twenty horses and a loft that held ten tons of loose hay....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Brush Creek Valley, 1916. Two groups of buildings, fenced pasture and Brush Creek visible with Bellyache Mountain in the background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Peggy Mulnix, daughter of Anna Mulnix, in an Oats bucket in front of the Holden barn. The fence in the background appears to be leaning considerably. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
19) Gypsum
Format:
Image
Panoramic view of historic downtown Gypsum.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Eulene and Marvin Kilgore at home on Brush Creek. Marvin is pushing while Eulene pulls a wagon.