Showing 1 - 20 of 108 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ruby Dump (Crye), daughter of Blanche and Victor Dump, standing in the snow at the family ranch, Pando, Colorado. Victor Dump died in 1935 and the family stayed on the ranch for another year before moving to Red Cliff. Frank and Pauline Reynolds Byers took over the Pando ranch and lived there until the Army constructed Camp Hale on the site during WWII. Byers then moved to Dillon, Colorado, and ranched there for many years. -- Ruby Crye, Aug. 2010...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Grant Deeble and Joe Dice standing next to horses in front of the bunk house at the Schlutter Place. Flat bed wagon is on the right, hay wagon is at left foreground. Taken during hunting season.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
John Berry and Margie Haas, with dog, sitting on water cistern at the Haas Ranch at Sandstone Creek (Vail). Ranch house and other buildings are in the background. There is snow on the ground. John Berry was a barber in Minturn. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Storage building on the Brett Ranch, mouth of Lake Creek, Edwards. Scrap lumber at left of building. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Chambers Ranch with houses, outbuildings and barn. The barn was moved to its present site at the Eagle Visitor Center in 1986 and donated to the Eagle County Historical Society. The Eagle River is in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking down on Black Mountain Ranch from Sawmill Mountain. The sawmill was located at the foot of the mountain and Dick Webb was the sawmill operator. Photo taken January 1936. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Horn ranch house on Rock Creek, two and one half miles above McCoy, as it was in 1917. Homesteaders Alvin Hart and Rooks built the cabin with the fireplace, the rest was added on by the Horns. The low building on the right was the kitchen, the two story addition had two bedrooms upstairs and the ground floor was the living room, the fireplace room served as a bunkhouse for ranch hands. Shortly after Arthur Horn's death, Mrs. Horn had that...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1930s: The Paul Gould Ranch, Missouri Heights (Eagle County), near Carbondale (Garfield County). Buildings, some in disrepair, shown on hilly terrain in winter. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Wiltshire (Eaton) place, with the house built by Anthony Smith (confirmed as his residence by Marie Mayne). House is in midground with barn and outbuildings in the left background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking down on Black Mountain Ranch sitting above low clouds, 1936. The ranch house is at far right, barns and outbuildings to the left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"An early day barn on the Wash Holland ranch at Wolcott, Colorado." -- McCoy Memoirs p.332 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Black Mountain, el. 10,000 and the ranch, shortly after Judge M. Lyle had purchased the property and converted it into a guest ranch." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 248 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Gulling Offerson loading hay into barn on bench above Beaver Creek. A two horse team, left foreground, is being used while a team of mules is visible in the left background. The mules are pulling the cables that are lifting the load of hay to the top of the stack. The view is looking east with the Avon "gypsum cliffs" to the left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Fred Dice holding milk bucket. Faye Dice has her right arm wrapped around her father's neck. Marie Deeble is standing to Fred's right. Dog in right foreground. Bunk house in background (Schlutter Place, Brush Creek).
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Hay barn on west side of Beaver Creek at the Wiltshire (Eaton) Place. One of the Eaton men is drinking from the stream by balancing on his stomach on a rock . [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Two riders on horseback facing the camera. Barn in background and dogs in left midground. Inscription on photo: "Don't U think our horses nice?" [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Field of lettuce being irrigated on experimental farm at Avon. Note irrigation furrows halfway between rows." In: High Altitude Vegetable Growing: Lettuce--Cauliflower--Peas, by R. A. McGinty. Fort Collins, Colorado Experiment Station, Horticultural Division, Bulletin No. 309, May, 1926. p.13.