Showing 1 - 2 of 2 , query time: 0.01s
Students of the Avon School, posed on the grass in front of the school barn (fences visible). They are laying on their stomachs in a row, upraised on elbows, facing the camera. A woman stands behind them on the right. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Old barn just west of the Emmett Nottingham place. The barn was probably built by Clyde Nottingham around 1908. Beaver Creek is to the left. The old Avon School is just right of center. The first Avon bridge is visible in the foreground in front of the school (west of current bridges about 100 yards and lower to the water). The Joe Smith house is to the right. This bridge was probably built in the early 1900s. It was replaced by the second...