Showing 1 - 17 of 17 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"An early day barn on the Wash Holland ranch at Wolcott, Colorado." -- McCoy Memoirs p.332 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"M. H. [Martin H.] and Clara Waldo came to Brush Creek around 1902 and ranched across the creek from the Shryacks until 1917, when they retired in California. Tom Carlin bought the ranch, and subsequent owners were Hans and Thelma Larsen and Glenn and Denzel Norman." -- [History of Brush Creek p.26] The Waldo's had one daughter who married Ralph Wolverton. This couple had a son, Charles Wolverton.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn on the Crawford place, built in 1913, in El Jebel.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Sheephorn ranch, Eagle Co Colo." Photo postcard showing ranch house, outhouse and barn in background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Tom Wohler standing in front of his barn in 1912. The Wohler ranch had a first class set of ranch buildings and fences that Tom kept in good repair until a year or so before he passed away." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 131 "Fritz, Tom and Sarah Wohler came to Colorado from Pennsylvania in 1876 and settled at Leadville for 18 years. Tom was shift boss at the Johnny Mine and Sarah had a dress shop. They were married in Leadville in 1883. In 1895 Tom and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Jake Stull barn on the Colorado River Road, built in 1905.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The horse barn on the Charles B. McCoy ranch, photographed in 1970 by John Ambos. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The William Johnson Ranch, formerly the Anthony Sneve Ranch on West Brush Creek. The patent on the ranch was established in 1911. The ranch was purchased by Edna Chambers in 1935. Chambers in turn sold the property to William S. and Nora Johnson in 1938. It is now the site for Sylvan Lake State Park. [A History of Sylvan Lake State Park, by Kathy Heicher]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn on the Albert-Grange place built in 1912, rural El Jebel. The building has fallen down.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Old barn just west of the Emmett Nottingham place. The barn was probably built by Clyde Nottingham around 1908. Beaver Creek is to the left. The old Avon School is just right of center. The first Avon bridge is visible in the foreground in front of the school (west of current bridges about 100 yards and lower to the water). The Joe Smith house is to the right. This bridge was probably built in the early 1900s. It was replaced by the second...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Charles, Chet, John and William (father) Eaton (left to right) at McCoy Creek Ranch. Each Eaton is holding the reins of a horse and is standing in front of a log barn. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Charley McCoy's Upper Place in 1930.The original log house was destroyed by fire in 1927 or 1928 and the frame house was built shortly afterwards. This picture shows some of Charley McCoy's top grade of cattle. Besides the cattle and the one saddle horse, at least seven men and boys are visible just to the left of the barn some of whom were probably members of the Dutch Laman family who were living on the ranch at that time." -- McCoy Memoirs p.108 [Title...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lillian Eaton and Gladys Hall, a friend from Denver, at McCoy Creek Ranch. They are wearing overalls and hats, posed with rifles and game birds in front of a log barn. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Charles Eaton with horse standing in front of log barn at the McCoy Creek Ranch. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]