Showing 1 - 4 of 4 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The William Johnson Ranch, formerly the Anthony Sneve Ranch on West Brush Creek. The patent on the ranch was established in 1911. The ranch was purchased by Edna Chambers in 1935. Chambers in turn sold the property to William S. and Nora Johnson in 1938. It is now the site for Sylvan Lake State Park. [A History of Sylvan Lake State Park, by Kathy Heicher]