Showing 1 - 7 of 7 , query time: 0.65s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn in upper Bachelor Gulch (Howard property). The log structure is surrounded by a log fence. Discarded items in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The old Dice place up west Brush Creek. Barn, house and outbuildings are visible from the road through the fenceline. Road is not paved. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The William Johnson Ranch, formerly the Anthony Sneve Ranch on West Brush Creek. The patent on the ranch was established in 1911. The ranch was purchased by Edna Chambers in 1935. Chambers in turn sold the property to William S. and Nora Johnson in 1938. It is now the site for Sylvan Lake State Park. [A History of Sylvan Lake State Park, by Kathy Heicher]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Barn and fencing near the old farmstead once owned by Gulling Offerson. Unpaved road with visible rocks in foreground. Buck Creek is in the background and Swift Gulch is at far right. The site is just up the hill from the Avon general store. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The McCoy lane looking west. This 1912 photo [says 1911 on verso of photo] shows the front part of the Hotel on the left, [on the right] the blacksmith shop, the big red barn and the front of the old log barn and beyond it, the bridge across Rock Creek. The big barn, approximately fifty by sixty feet in size, was of frame construction and built by C. H. McCoy in 1902. It had stalls for twenty horses and a loft that held ten tons of loose hay....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Three men seated in a field with 2 dogs in front of the Doll Brothers' Ranch. They are probably members of the Doll family. Lucy Doll wearing coat and shawl, stands behind them. Barns, farmhouse and outbuildings shown with cattle grazing at left background.