Showing 1 - 15 of 15 , query time: 0.02s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Chambers Ranch with houses, outbuildings and barn. The barn was moved to its present site at the Eagle Visitor Center in 1986 and donated to the Eagle County Historical Society. The Eagle River is in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Gulling Offerson loading hay into barn on bench above Beaver Creek. A two horse team, left foreground, is being used while a team of mules is visible in the left background. The mules are pulling the cables that are lifting the load of hay to the top of the stack. The view is looking east with the Avon "gypsum cliffs" to the left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Sheephorn ranch, Eagle Co Colo." Photo postcard showing ranch house, outhouse and barn in background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Putting hay into Haas barn at Sandstone Creek Ranch. From left: Jim Fanning, Frank Haas, Cliff Ingram, -----; Chuck Becker is on top of the hay wagon. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
8) Ranch
Format:
Image
Rundell ranch with house at right, barns and corrals at left. .
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Tom Wohler standing in front of his barn in 1912. The Wohler ranch had a first class set of ranch buildings and fences that Tom kept in good repair until a year or so before he passed away." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 131 "Fritz, Tom and Sarah Wohler came to Colorado from Pennsylvania in 1876 and settled at Leadville for 18 years. Tom was shift boss at the Johnny Mine and Sarah had a dress shop. They were married in Leadville in 1883. In 1895 Tom and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Chicago businessman Clyde Lloyd purchased the Sherman Brothers Ranch (east of town) in 1922. He and his stepson Wayne T. Jones called the operation 'Red Mountain Ranch' and were known for annually hosting one of the largest Hereford sales in the state. Clyde's brother and sister-in-law, Carl and Ella, were the caretakers for the ranch. Located about 4 miles east of Eagle, the property featured a magnificent ranch house (which burned to the ground...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Bill Johannbroer Ranch on Conger Mesa in 1970." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 235 "Billy Johannbroer was a locomotive engineer on the Clear Creek Branch of the Colorado and Southern Railroad. He did very little active work on his homestead. His wife and children, Bill, Lillian and Kenneth, were the chief ranchers with Billy only being able to help during his vacations and during slack railroad seasons. Bill Jr. married Verna Ray, daughter of Daniel...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Chambers Ranch at the mouth of Eby Creek in Eagle, Colorado. The white barn became the museum for the Eagle County Historical Society. The site with the buildings is now the Eagle interchange for I-70. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Loading 100# sacks of potatoes onto wagon at the Shryack Place (also called the Mosher Place) on lower Brush Creek. From there, the sacks would be taken to "spud" cellars. Two horse team is pulling the wagon; farm buildings in left background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Nottingham Ranch in Avon, now Beaver Creek. Hay stacker at left. Barn and farm buildings at right.