Showing 1 - 20 of 35 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
View of the Chambers Ranch with houses, outbuildings and barn. The barn was moved to its present site at the Eagle Visitor Center in 1986 and donated to the Eagle County Historical Society. The Eagle River is in the background. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A view of the lettuce sheds at Allenton taken from the south side of the Eagle River in 1932 near Edwards, Colorado. Railroad facilities in the background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Judd Lyon Ranch in Yarmony Park, about 1940. Lyon homesteaded in 1909, his closest neighbor being John F. Hudson, two and a half miles to the northeast. McCoy was eight miles to the southwest and had the closest store and post office. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Equipment and household goods auction on April 17, 1965. Charley and Josephine Ray sold the former Schrupp ranch to Raymond Horn, making him one of the largest land owners in the area. Photo on p. 226 of McCoy Memoirs. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Harry and Marie Nottingham standing next to the ice house at their ranch at Buck Creek. Between them on a stand is a basket full of exceptionally large potatoes. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Gulling Offerson loading hay into barn on bench above Beaver Creek. A two horse team, left foreground, is being used while a team of mules is visible in the left background. The mules are pulling the cables that are lifting the load of hay to the top of the stack. The view is looking east with the Avon "gypsum cliffs" to the left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Field of lettuce being irrigated on experimental farm at Avon. Note irrigation furrows halfway between rows." In: High Altitude Vegetable Growing: Lettuce--Cauliflower--Peas, by R. A. McGinty. Fort Collins, Colorado Experiment Station, Horticultural Division, Bulletin No. 309, May, 1926. p.13.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Making lettuce crates. Packing and loading platform in right background." In: High Altitude Vegetable Growing: Lettuce--Cauliflower--Peas, by R. A. McGinty. Fort Collins, Colorado Experiment Station, Horticultural Division, Bulletin No. 309, May, 1926. p.19.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Sheephorn ranch, Eagle Co Colo." Photo postcard showing ranch house, outhouse and barn in background.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Putting hay into Haas barn at Sandstone Creek Ranch. From left: Jim Fanning, Frank Haas, Cliff Ingram, -----; Chuck Becker is on top of the hay wagon. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
13) Ranch
Format:
Image
Rundell ranch with house at right, barns and corrals at left. .
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Tom Wohler standing in front of his barn in 1912. The Wohler ranch had a first class set of ranch buildings and fences that Tom kept in good repair until a year or so before he passed away." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 131 "Fritz, Tom and Sarah Wohler came to Colorado from Pennsylvania in 1876 and settled at Leadville for 18 years. Tom was shift boss at the Johnny Mine and Sarah had a dress shop. They were married in Leadville in 1883. In 1895 Tom and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The buildings on the Lyon Hidden Valley Ranch are in a much better state of repair than any of the other deserted ranches in Yarmony Park, mainly due to the fact that it was occupied the longest. The road to the former John Hudson ranch a mile and a half distant goes through the gap on the left." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 279 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The town of Eagle taken from the Eby Creek area. Highway 6 runs through the photo, with the major main street, Broadway, at center, dead-ending into Chester Mayer's ranch (now the Bull Pasture and Eagle Ranch subdivisions). Chambers Ranch is at the lower right corner, the big white barn now housing the Eagle County Historical Society Museum. The Eagle River runs from left to right with the railroad bridge over the river at midground. Brush Creek...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The John J. Ambos homestead and cabin. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Just across Rock Creek Canyon from the Ebert place on Conger Mesa, Bert Hadley took up a 160 acre homestead and built this house on it in 1905. Prior to that year, he had married Huldah LaForce and they had spent a part of their honeymoon on the former Milby Frazer place at the head of Egeria Canyon. Bert, who was in poor health, did not live long enough to realize his dream of transforming the homestead into a cattle ranch. After his death, about...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Chicago businessman Clyde Lloyd purchased the Sherman Brothers Ranch (east of town) in 1922. He and his stepson Wayne T. Jones called the operation 'Red Mountain Ranch' and were known for annually hosting one of the largest Hereford sales in the state. Clyde's brother and sister-in-law, Carl and Ella, were the caretakers for the ranch. Located about 4 miles east of Eagle, the property featured a magnificent ranch house (which burned to the ground...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The Martin Schomers ranch, as it looked in December of 1919. It was the twenty-fifth of April before this snow was all gone." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 263 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]