Showing 1 - 19 of 19 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Joy Marfitano (Dump Boltjes) standing next to the Red Cliff city limits sign in 1937.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This map details the plots and layout of Greenwood Cemetery located in Red Cliff, Colorado. Gravestones date back to the Civil War era and the cemetery is directly accessible from the town of Red Cliff.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The 1916 election was also a presidential one where we elected Woodrow Wilson. Here are the election results for all of Eagle County, including Ruedi, Wolcott, "Lakes", Red Cliff, Gypsum, Burns, Eagle, and others. The election also includes several towns that no longer exist: Gilman, Pando, Sheephorn, and Fulford. In Eagle County, Wilson was easily their president-elect.
Cover Image
4) Cabin
Format:
Image
The cabin behind the Reno Cafe & bar, 127 Water St., in Red Cliff, with doors opened. This cabin was used as the first school in Red Cliff in 1880. Since then, it has been used as a residence [Jack Ages] and as a garage. [photo taken oct. 17, 2014, by Angela Beck]
Cover Image
5) Cabin
Format:
Image
The cabin behind the Reno Cafe & bar, 127 Water St., in Red Cliff. This cabin was used as the first school in Red Cliff in 1880. Since then, it has been used as a residence [Jack Ages] and as a garage. [photo taken oct. 17, 2014, by Angela Beck]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Allen Broadstreet and Bernice Maloney.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The old Post Office building at 147 Water St. in Red Cliff, currently owned privately. [photo taken oct. 17, 2014, by Angela Beck]
Cover Image
8) Barn
Format:
Image
An old barn next to the former town hall [367 Eagle St.] in Red Cliff, currently owned privately. Beginning phases of taking the barn down on March 16, 2015.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Destruction of the house next to 139 Monument St. in Red Cliff in October 2014. In the background, the green house on Pine St. is visible. It was originally a school before the brick school was built in 1937. Later it became the lodge for the Women of Woodcraft.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Taken at Red Cliff, Colo headed for the U.S. Training Camp at Lincoln, Neb. 1918" [Title taken from photo caption.] Group standing in front of Adams Express Company. Lloyd Gerard is pictured second from right.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1920: Flatbed truck loaded with lumber, parked in front of a building. Two men seated on lumber. Otto Bergman is on the right, the other person is unidentified. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Red Cliff school house used prior to 1937. It later became the lodge for the Kinnikinick Circle No. 453 for the Women of Woodcraft [403 Pine St.], which was chartered on March 1, 1902.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Harold Steinmeyer at the Warren Sawmill on Turkey Creek near Red Cliff and Gilman.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Warren Sawmill on Turkey Creek in Red Cliff. Warren provided some of the mining timber for the mine at Gilman. The timber is being moved through the saw on a cart riding on tracks. The saw had an attachment used to make a special cut that allowed the mining timbers to quickly be put together in the mine. Ike Dump is closest to the camera on the right, feeding logs into the saw.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ike Dump banding mining timber at Warren Sawmill in Red Cliff. Safety "chaps" were worn to prevent cuts when working with the saws and the timber. Harold Steinmeyer is supervising.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cutting mining timber with a horizontal blade at the Warren Sawmill in Red Cliff. Extra blades are stored on the cutting arm to the right.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Main Street in Red Cliff (possibly 1892-1907), storefronts visible for bakery and restaurant, general mercantile ("boots and shoes made to order") and Quartzite Hotel. A wagon and horse team are parked in left foreground. The street is not paved and appears to be muddy. "The Quartzite Hotel (sign atop building behind the flag pole on the right) was run, and presumably, owned by the William Greiners for several years between 1900 and 1910. This...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Red Cliff bus parked in front of the bus garage on the right. The Standard filling station is at the end of the street (far left in the picture). Ralph Henderson and Dick Lucero were owners of the bus line at different times. The buses carried the miners from Red Ciff to the mine at Gilman. They smoked in the bus and the ceiling would be nicotine stained. Angela Beck washed the bus ceiling down at one point for Ralph Henderson.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Same as 1983.001.012 Second of three school buildings in Red Cliff. Class picture of primary room students outside the Red Cliff School on February 11, 1921. The eleven girls are seated in a row with eleven boys behind them. The teacher is standing behind the two rows of students. Icicles are hanging from the roof of the building. A sign on the school says, ”State of Colorado, Standard School, Approved Class.” Front row: 2d from left, Edith...